Have your say & ask the experts!

Sony - BDPS790 owners. What is 'Super Bit Mapping' exclusive to this model and is it worth using? Thanks

2 replies [Last post]
Cookie Monster's picture

As above,

Thanks

Philips 42PFL7404,Epson EH-TW5900 PJ, 77" Euroscreen, Yamaha YSP-2200, SKY HD, Sony BDP-S370, PS3, Tacima Mains Conditioner, Wireworld, QED, Thatcable HDMI's. Handmade Mains Cable, Sharkoon DD5.1 Headphones - Staffordshire 

Andrew Everard's picture
RE: Sony - BDPS790 owners. What is 'Super Bit Mapping'...

Audio Editor, Gramophone

Cookie Monster's picture
Super Bit Mapping etc.

Thanks Andrew, Looks great on paper (Doesn't it always!). My Philips has a 14bit panel but Sony player can only output at 10,12, or 16bit. Strange as the processing corrects to a 14 bit one. Never mind! In theory this looks like it will be great for my PJ, just wondering if anybody has any experience of the usefulness of the Superbit Mapping or any of the other processing options of the Sony? Have to admit that i wanted to wait for the 2013 models to give me time to save money but i have little space and need to place my Sky Box on top - have you seen the new 'Stealth Fighter ' looking jaggedy models - Sky Box would slip off! Thanks

Philips 42PFL7404,Epson EH-TW5900 PJ, 77" Euroscreen, Yamaha YSP-2200, SKY HD, Sony BDP-S370, PS3, Tacima Mains Conditioner, Wireworld, QED, Thatcable HDMI's. Handmade Mains Cable, Sharkoon DD5.1 Headphones - Staffordshire