35 posts / 0 new
Last post
atanakata's picture
<<< DENON BDP-2010 does not play Blu-rays any longer >>>
English

Hi everyone,

Just wonder if somebody has experienced this sort of problem. I have had my Denon for about 4 years now. Have paid over 400 for it as I needed quality player , with a decent DAC for CD palyback ....Immaculately mentained , with no problems whatsoever . Couple of days ago , halfway through the film it freezes , and that is it... Since then it can not play Blu Rays any more. .It tries to spin the disk , but no luck...It tries so hard that it gets in to a state , that you need to press the Eject several times and wait 1-2 minutes untill you are able to open the tray....

However , there is no such a problem with CD's and DVD's ....it still plays the without any troubles...but no Blurays...

Any help or advise will be highly appreciated .....Many thanks

Tarxman's picture
RE: <<< DENON BDP-2010 does not play Blu-rays any longer >>>

Have you checked Denon's website to see if you're running the latest firmware version?

atanakata's picture

I have connected it via ethernet cable and have just updated the software . If this includes the new firmware, then yes I have done it and it did not work : (

thanks anyway

gel's picture

Pretty shocking stuff! 

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

Tarxman's picture

Hmmm, seems odd that it would still read DVD and CDs. I feel as though it must be a software issue. Perhaps the latest firmware isn't agreeable. Worth giving Denon support a call I would think.

bigboss's picture

Isn't it a different laser for reading blu ray discs? Maybe that has failed.....when did you buy the player? Still under warranty?

MajorFubar's picture

bigboss wrote:

when did you buy the player? Still under warranty?

Ahem:

atanakata wrote:

I have had my Denon for about 4 years now.

Unlikely to be covered by any warranty

How long is it since you made a - cough - accidental-damage claim on your house-contents insurance? Hots cups of coffee can wreak havock on electrical equipent you know... Wink

Tarxman's picture

gel wrote:

Pretty shocking stuff! 

Nice new pic Gel!

gel's picture

Tarxman wrote:

gel wrote:

Pretty shocking stuff! 

Nice new pic Gel!

:cheers:

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

bigboss's picture

MajorFubar wrote:

bigboss wrote:

Ahem:

atanakata wrote:

How long is it since you made a - cough - accidental-damage claim on your house-contents insurance? Hots cups of coffee can wreak havock on electrical equipent you know... Wink

Was in a hurry walking towards work. Smile

I'm afraid it's time to buy a new player then.

atanakata's picture

I'll probably have to won't I ...It is a pitty as it is still a wonderful CD and DVD upscaling player...I might buy a cheap Blu-Ray player with decent picture , something up to £ 100 ( any suggestions ), and still keep the Denon as my CD player as I like the sound of it , and the look of it too Smile

atanakata's picture

MajorFubar wrote:

bigboss wrote:

Ahem:

atanakata wrote:

Ha ha MajorFubar, you made my evening ... 

atanakata's picture

Tarxman wrote:

Hmmm, seems odd that it would still read DVD and CDs. I feel as though it must be a software issue. Perhaps the latest firmware isn't agreeable. Worth giving Denon support a call I would think.

Yes, it reads them without any troubles...and yes, I have contatcted Denon, they said that they only deal with appliances up to 2 years old , i.e. In-warranty repairs. After that , one needs to contact the authorised services ...so I did , and I was told that nothing can be quoted over the phone, even an estimate. I need to courier it to them , and pay £ 45 for inspection and diagnosing of the issue. They they give you an estimate, and if you are not happy you loose of course your £ 45 and £15 for courier .....However , if you go ahead with the repair , then the £ 45 is deducted from your bill...If I know that the bill will be £ 100- £ 130 , then I would probably go for it..., but who knows. It will cost me £ 60 only to find out Sad

bigboss's picture

Check Sony & Panasonic at your budget.

Tarxman's picture

atanakata wrote:

Tarxman wrote:

Yes, it reads them without any troubles...and yes, I have contatcted Denon, they said that they only deal with appliances up to 2 years old , i.e. In-warranty repairs. After that , one needs to contact the authorised services ...so I did , and I was told that nothing can be quoted over the phone, even an estimate. I need to courier it to them , and pay £ 45 for inspection and diagnosing of the issue. They they give you an estimate, and if you are not happy you loose of course your £ 45 and £15 for courier .....However , if you go ahead with the repair , then the £ 45 is deducted from your bill...If I know that the bill will be £ 100- £ 130 , then I would probably go for it..., but who knows. It will cost me £ 60 only to find out Sad

Gee whizz! They don't offer any support on products older than two years? That's a bit rubbish really. Not worth it then if they're going to charge you just to find out what the problem is.

bigboss's picture

Was just thinking; try a blu ray lens cleaner like this and see if it solves the problem:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fellowes-Blu-Ray-Lens-Cleaner/dp/B006LLR99W

Pages