29 posts / 0 new
Last post
bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12953
RE: Why don't you buy a DAC

It's no additional box. Blu ray player + CD player or blu ray player + DAC. Your choice.

atkins4725's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 17/07/2007 - 19:45
Posts: 325
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

Thought I'd update my choice of upgrade whilst the Mrs is watching Crapfactor.

 

I had the CA 751bd and the new Marantz 7007ud at home for the last couple of days battling it out. Long story short, the Marantz is back in the box and ready to go back. The CA blew me away straight from the start where as the Marantz was a completely different story. 

 

I went off CA stuff after owning the 650a but this 751bd has me wanting more CA kit. 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12989
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

atkins4725 wrote:

Thought I'd update my choice of upgrade whilst the Mrs is watching Crapfactor.

 

I had the CA 751bd and the new Marantz 7007ud at home for the last couple of days battling it out. Long story short, the Marantz is back in the box and ready to go back. The CA blew me away straight from the start where as the Marantz was a completely different story. 

 

I went off CA stuff after owning the 650a but this 751bd has me wanting more CA kit. 

 

Hi

 

Nice one.  If you don't mind me asking where did you buy or borrow from?

 

Cheers.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

atkins4725's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 17/07/2007 - 19:45
Posts: 325
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

Bizarre question ??? Smile 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12989
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

atkins4725 wrote:

Bizarre question ??? Smile 

 

Why?   Smile

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

atkins4725's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 17/07/2007 - 19:45
Posts: 325
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

Why would you need to know??? Smile 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12989
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

atkins4725 wrote:

Why would you need to know??? Smile 

 

Because if you can borrow one, I wouldn't mind doing so.  And I know very few dealers sell one though.

 

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12989
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

:wave:  anybody there?  Smile

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

DandyCobalt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/10/2010 - 14:58
Posts: 1430
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

The 751 is a seriously good machine with great dacs and video processing. Hasn't missed a beat since getting the first one sold at Maidstone richer sounds. They were happy for me to spend a good hour or so doing a head to head with the 650. 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12989
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

DandyCobalt wrote:

The 751 is a seriously good machine with great dacs and video processing. Hasn't missed a beat since getting the first one sold at Maidstone richer sounds. They were happy for me to spend a good hour or so doing a head to head with the 650. 

 

How much did you pay for it?  Did you get a WHF discount?

 

Cheers.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12989
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

atkins4725 wrote:

Why would you need to know??? Smile 

 

Have you worked out where you bought it from yet?   Smile

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

DandyCobalt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/10/2010 - 14:58
Posts: 1430
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

gel wrote:

DandyCobalt wrote:

The 751 is a seriously good machine with great dacs and video processing. Hasn't missed a beat since getting the first one sold at Maidstone richer sounds. They were happy for me to spend a good hour or so doing a head to head with the 650. 

How much did you pay for it?  Did you get a WHF discount?

Cheers.

Full price - it was one of the first sold  when they came out. I didn't know there's a WHF discount available? (Do I need a badge or something?)

I remember I got £300 on fleabay for my 12month-old 650BD - not bad!

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12989
RE: Next Blu Ray upgrade?

DandyCobalt wrote:

gel wrote:

DandyCobalt wrote:

The 751 is a seriously good machine with great dacs and video processing. Hasn't missed a beat since getting the first one sold at Maidstone richer sounds. They were happy for me to spend a good hour or so doing a head to head with the 650. 

How much did you pay for it?  Did you get a WHF discount?

Cheers.

Full price - it was one of the first sold  when they came out. I didn't know there's a WHF discount available? (Do I need a badge or something?)

I remember I got £300 on fleabay for my 12month-old 650BD - not bad!

 

Hi

 

Yeah if you take the latest edition with you, you can get if for £700, then there is a £10 discount voucher in the latest issue too.  So £690 in total, which don't sound bad.  But I am wondering can that be beaten?

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments