22 posts / 0 new
Last post
benfozard's picture
RE: Yamaha RX-A1030 release date and review

Hi Dan,

Thanks for that.  I've keep experimenting to see if I can work out why.  It's not the end of the world, both modes sound fantastic, just "different".

As an aside...I am assuming my Audiolab 8000LX is a "better" amp for the fronts than the Yamaha?   I daren't try it!

Ben

benfozard's picture

Hi,

Still loving the amp and it doesn't sound as good as my Audiolab when I swap it to drive the fronts, which is good news!  Pure Direct is the way forward, however.  The difference between it being on and off is huge.

Given this amp predecessors have been favoured highly over the years, why has this one not been reviewed yet?!  

Ben

nabster888's picture

Guys,

I've connected Dynaudio DM 2/6 as my fronts in yamaha rx-a1030

Does it make sense to add a power amp the front preout??? was looking at Naim Nap 100. will it make a difference??

pls advise

rgds

gazmend's picture

I have replaced my older pioneer vsx lx52 with the 1030. 

My personal experience is that the yamaha is superb in dialog and you can hear more things going on.

BUT!!! it seems to miss on the punchy bass notes. Compared to allot of scenes the pioneer was banging precisely with punchy bass, while the yamaha seems to skip and miss those. I am pretty sure there is something wrong here. I have checked all the cables and connections and tried all kinds of settings, it just keep missing when it's supposed to enable the BANG bass.

I read about this on another forum by some guy who said the same and that it might need an software update. Does anyone else have this problem or heard anything?

nabster888's picture
RE: Yamaha RX-A1030 release and review

Had the same issue when i first hooked up my 1030. Tried removing the sub connection from the sub preout and connecting  via amp Front speakers to Hilevel in the sub! Good difference .......... but there is loss of clarity / bass is over whelming while playing some songs!

thinking about going back to the sub preouts connection and trying again......sure ive missed out something in the speaker/sub setting!!!

Any advise???

bemaniac's picture

You guys know pure direct turns off the sub out presumably yeah therefore sending the whole spectrum including low bass through your fronts hence more punch if you have no sub in this mode.

If you have a sub straight mode is where it's at for 2.1 music.

Go into the on-device menu and look for crossover and set it to about 80hz. Go to your sub and set it to LFE.

Go into the on-device menu and look for tone control and add upto 6db of bass too.

I run from a source on my pc quboz and spotify thru a zxr soundcard which has additional EQ which I've set specially for this amp too.

Pages