85 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thompsonuxb's picture
RE: Yamaha RX-A1020 stock issues

o.k it was...no, no it can't be you.... but I saw you die...no no...noooooooo....ack!!!!!!!

bigboss's picture

:cheers:

I know Creative Audio, they often offer good deals.

bigboss's picture

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Let's keep the supplier quiet though.  ;)

:O

You're only doing disservice to your favourite retailer & denying the chance of more sales.

It's Creative Audio, isn't it?  Wink

Tompsonuxb let it out before he was scared and edited the post.  Smile

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture

I've been after this deal for a while, but been waiting on money since January, so now I have some money in, I don't want to miss out on the deal.

Selfish I know.

But yeah, it's CA.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

Oldboy's picture

Yes also Creative Audio who I have been dealing with...I just hope that now the cat is out of the bag you don't all ruin my chances of getting an amp!

I made my mind up yesterday and plumped for the 2020 so my deposit has been transfered over and hoping to get some good news this week although I'm certainly not counting on it after the delay with the 1020.

As for the dimensions...I was more worried about the height of it and had measured that to make sure it would fit but I hadn't looked at the depth which has took me by surprise! Now I know how they have kept it relatively small in height (equal to my Onkyo 609) it's that it stretches back like a boat.

I'm having a real problem getting some dimensions of the 2020 as wherever I look I get a different answer! Yamaha say it is an incredible 18-3/8” deep or 46.7 cm if you prefer where retailers figures vary widly between just over and under that figure so I'm going to go by Yamahas figures...that makes it really tricky knowing if it will fit!!

My unit is 50cm deep and 163cm wide and supposedly a proper home cinema rack (Atacama Elara AV54 1500) but has a cable management back in the centre of the unit making placement of the 2020 tricky. Fortunately there are openings to the back at the unit at either side so it's not enclosed but I'm now concerned that it won't fit once I plug everything in, here are 2 links to what my unit looks like although this is a smaller version to mine:

http://www.variety.co.uk/atacama-audio-elara-av-54-tv-stand-in-black.html?source=googleps&utm_source=gproducts&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=FGP

http://www.hispek.com/atacama-audio/television-stands/clearance-atacama-elaraav54-elara-av54-av-rack-for-tvs-up-to-60-pd-2863.php?source=Froogle&lot=Froogle&utm_content=pla&keyword=&id=20045116324&gclid=CM__rLiV9bYCFdHMtAod_F8AnA

Does anyone have any theories as to whether or not the 2020 would fit on my unit?? I know the amp itself will just fit but I'm concerned I will have enough clearence at the back for all the connections... :?

Samsung UE55F8000 TV (THX professional calibrated), Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence configuration), Sony BDPS790, Yamaha RX-A2020, Marantz PM6004, Marantz CD6003, Virgin TiVo 1TB, Playstation 4, Playstation 3, WD TV Live, WD My Book World 1TB.

I have a similar problem Oldboy, they are whoppers aren't they?

I haven't actually put any deposit down, so you're more likely to get an amp than me. 

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

Thompsonuxb's picture

Are they real though?

Oldboy's picture

I haven't actually put any deposit down, so you're more likely to get an amp than me. 

Yep they are HUGE...i'm just hoping it will fit but i'm fully prepared and ready to take the drill to the back cable plate if I have to as it's only made from wood so at least I can modify it to fit if I have to but I'm hoping that if I install it off centre most of the connections should be accessable leaving me just a few holes to drill.

I guess the proof will come when it arrives but if I need to buy a new tv stand then so be it but exactly what I could buy to accommodateit is anyones guess, I certainly don't want to go down the expensive custom rack route as I have alot of equipment to cram in now.

Fingers crossed it fits but I have my doubts in all honesty so I will research a new tv stand before it arrives as a plan B.

Samsung UE55F8000 TV (THX professional calibrated), Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence configuration), Sony BDPS790, Yamaha RX-A2020, Marantz PM6004, Marantz CD6003, Virgin TiVo 1TB, Playstation 4, Playstation 3, WD TV Live, WD My Book World 1TB.

Oldboy's picture

Thompsonuxb wrote:

Are they real though?

Yes. Trusted retailer that I bought my speaker package from, price is not advertised but if you enquire via the website they will quote you that price, also they are a bricks and mortar retailer too so no worries buying from them at all.

strapped for cash's picture

That's why I went for the smaller 810 in the end. I think Yamaha made the higher numbered Aventage receivers somewhat impractical for many, due to their large rear end.

Deals on last year's Aventage receivers seem extremely good now. If you can squeeze one in, it should be an absolute bargain.

Oldboy wrote:

Thompsonuxb wrote:

Are they real though?

Yes. Trusted retailer that I bought my speaker package from, price is not advertised but if you enquire via the website they will quote you that price, also they are a bricks and mortar retailer too so no worries buying from them at all.

I think that was more of a Finbar Saunders type remark at my "Whoppers", rather than a question about the deal.

dukeden's picture

2020 Measurements 

435mm Wide

420mm Depth [this is just for the main box, in addition you'll will have to allow for the cables etc coming out of the back]

190mm High [you'll need at least 25mm of air gap above]

strapped for cash wrote:

That's why I went for the smaller 810 in the end. I think Yamaha made the higher numbered Aventage receivers somewhat impractical for many, due to their large rear end.

Deals on last year's Aventage receivers seem extremely good now. If you can squeeze one in, it should be an absolute bargain.

I'm considering going for a 1010, and have seen it at a good price online, as there isn't a huge difference between the 1010 and 1020 spec wise.

I'm currently working with an electrician (an old school friend), who also installs av gear, and he's asking some of his contacts about deals on both models, so I may have some good news soon.

pioneer7's picture

Mornin Old-boy

Errm just a thought for you, I had the same problem some years ago with depth on my unit, so what I did was to remove the centre shelf or a shelf the Amp will go on, and I replaced it with a new one, as in i custom made a shelf with 18mm MDF allowed an extra 4in at the back of the shelf and fixed it in place using existing brackets but also adding a couple more, and it worked a treat, the great thing was that you would not know because you could only see the front of the shelf, so cosmectally not an issue, it would seem a shame to spend all that money just to acomadate an amp, especaill if you are happy with your unit you have.However as I do not know how you unit looks or made/or shelfs it has I am only suggesting this could be an option, if you can not remove a shelf because it is part of the rest, you can always place another thinner shelf on top, this does work as well. Let me know. Dirol

Oldboy's picture

pioneer7 wrote:

Mornin Old-boy

Errm just a thought for you, I had the same problem some years ago with depth on my unit, so what I did was to remove the centre shelf or a shelf the Amp will go on, and I replaced it with a new one, as in i custom made a shelf with 18mm MDF allowed an extra 4in at the back of the shelf and fixed it in place using existing brackets but also adding a couple more, and it worked a treat, the great thing was that you would not know because you could only see the front of the shelf, so cosmectally not an issue, it would seem a shame to spend all that money just to acomadate an amp, especaill if you are happy with your unit you have.However as I do not know how you unit looks or made/or shelfs it has I am only suggesting this could be an option, if you can not remove a shelf because it is part of the rest, you can always place another thinner shelf on top, this does work as well. Let me know. Dirol

Thanks for the suggestion, greatly appreciated.

I had a look as best I could last night at the bottom shelf the amp is going to sit on but with my current Onkyo 609 and my Marantz PM6004 stereo amp sitting on it it was tough to get a good look. There are a few problems I can forsee with your suggestion...firstly the finish of the unit which is black wood grain, MDF simply wont watch up so I would have to look at a traditional wooden shelf that matches the 25mm depth and try to match up the finish which would be very difficult indeed. What is worse is that you see the shelf all the time as it's an open construction so any difference in finish would be very noticable.

The other issue would be the way the spike feet attatch to the unit as it has screw in connections embedded into underside of the shelf which aren't removable so I would then have to change the feet and source suitable spiked feet capable of taking the weight of all my equipment. The unit also has angles cut to either rear side which I could lose if I was able to fit a replacement shelf which would then enable me to get the whole amp in easily when set to one side but in reality I don't think it is going to be that simple as being an Atacama unit it's made for AV equipment and to get the best performance from your kit and I don't really want to mod it to that extent.

I really think that if it won't fit then a new unit would be a better option and probably won't cost much more than if I were to get someone to make and fit a new shelf to my existing unit, I'm just hoping it won't come to that...fingers crossed :pray:

Pages