6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mainiac's picture
Sony STRDN1030

Hi all, Im thinking about getting the above amp question is...

would it work fine with my QA 1010i speakers which recomnend 6 Ohms, think amp says 8 Ohms??

not up to speed with ohms  Smile

cheers

The_Lhc's picture
RE: Sony STRDN1030

The speakers don't recommend 6 Ohms, they ARE 6 ohms. The amp should be able to handle them perfectly ok though, you may need to flick a switch on the back or make an adjustment in the settings to inform the amp though.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Sony STRDN1030 / Impedance

Can't find an option to alter this setting on the receiver. Does this mean I should really exclude 6 ohm speakers from my decision over what to match with this receiver? I see What Hi-Fi pair the receiver with Dali sets which are both 6 ohm in the Feb edition of the mag. Help!

f1only's picture
RE: Sony STRDN1030 / Impedance

MBradshaw wrote:

Can't find an option to alter this setting on the receiver. Does this mean I should really exclude 6 ohm speakers from my decision over what to match with this receiver? I see What Hi-Fi pair the receiver with Dali sets which are both 6 ohm in the Feb edition of the mag. Help!

Nothing to worry about.

To quote the amp does it all for you when you use the" Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration (DCAC) it optimises the settings, including Automatic Phase Matching of speakers, to your room's requirements - at the touch of a button".

This would include the use of 6 ohm or 8 ohm speakers if there is nothing in the A/V menu it would be set when calibrating.

Regards ...

Speakers - Dali Ikon 6 F L/R, Ikon Vocal 2 Centre, Ikon 1 Surround, B&W 610 Subwoofer.
TV - Calibrated Sony 46 HX853. BDP - Sony mr BDPS790, PS3, PS4.
A/V Amp - Yamaha RXV 1073

Ketan Bharadia's picture

Nothing to worry about there. We've tried the Sony with a Q Acoustics package and it works really well.

Bogleg's picture

In the original review of this, it was said that careful matching of the speakers would be needed. What package, with a comparable price to the amp would you recommend?