Have your say & ask the experts!

Sony STRDN 1040 : How is it possible to give 5 stars to a product that doesn't work !

19 replies [Last post]
Tricky-Ricky's picture
As an update to my first post

As an update to my first post on this amp, i am happy to report that after returning my first 1040 in favor of a Yamaha RX-V675 and finding the Yamaha considerably lacking in my home setup, i have now got another 1040, and can report that i no longer have any pass through problems, its seems the first unit was faulty as the second works on the same settings

But you do need to utilize the Anynet/Veraliik etc of the TV to make it work, it also only works on the A HDMI output and not the B,

All in all i find the sony a very good amp, steering is excellent and its pretty reveling and melodic when playing music for an AV amp, way better

than my old 609 and that was pretty good.

Tricky-Ricky's picture
RE: As an update to my first post

Sorry DP!

justjas's picture
RE: Sony STRDN 1040 :

I just set up the following kit today and cant get a 3d image? Sony STRDN 1040, Popcorn Hour C-300, Optoma HD-25e Projector? All i get is 2 side by side images on the screen, the file has always played perfectly on my Panasonic TV in the past? banging head against wall

professorhat's picture
RE: Sony STRDN 1040 :

justjas wrote:

I just set up the following kit today and cant get a 3d image? Sony STRDN 1040, Popcorn Hour C-300, Optoma HD-25e Projector? All i get is 2 side by side images on the screen, the file has always played perfectly on my Panasonic TV in the past? banging head against wall

This information on page 15 of your Optoma projector manual might be relevant for this - have you followed the instructions below?:

3D Device (e.g. 3D DV/DC) with 2D 1080i side by side signal output

Connect your 3D device and switch to out 3D content with 2D side-by-side output to 3D Projector.

- You should see two images side-by-side.

Switch to the “SBS Mode” of the 3D projector. The option is located in the “Display” section of the projector OSD menu.

If watching 3D content from an HDMI 1.4a source (e.g. 3D Blu-ray) your 3D glasses should always be in sync. If watching 3D content from an HDMI 1.3 source (e.g. 3D broadcast using SBS mode) it may be necessary to use the projector’s 3D Sync-Invert option to optimize your 3D experience. The option is located in the “Display ->3D” section of the projector OSD menu.