Please help me choose between Pioneer SCLX56 or Pioneer SCLX86 - Opinions needed ASAP
Just wanted to say I have recently joined the forum and how awesome this place is with a great community.
I am a complete novice in terms of audio equipment. Never purchased an Amp and speakers, but taking the plunge now. I have a fairly large living room (10 meters in length, and 3.6 meters in width so the room is quite rectangular) with decent panasonic plasma in the middle of the room against the wall. Im now looking to buy a decent audio system to support this now. Looking to go 5.1 at the moment for practical reasons at this moment mainly for Movie and TV watching.
Now I definitely want to go down the pioneer route, so its either the Pioneer SCLX56 or Pioneer SCLX86 I will go for. I'm looking to take advantage of the special discounted rate pioneer are offering until March 31st so I need to be quick!
I have demo'd the SCLX86 and it sounds great Zensor 7 speaker package from Richer Sounds. However, its considerably more money than the SCLX56. (They dont have the SCLX56 in stock for me to demo).
Bearing in mind I haven’t purchased the speakers to accompany this amp yet, but most likely I will go with either the Zensor 7 package Dali PAH01304 | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds or perhaps the IKON MK2 package here Dali PAH01949 | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds
So my questions
1) Is the Pioneer SCLX86 worth the extra £550 and will I benefit from it??
Given the fact I'm not 100% sure which speakers I'll buy, and taking into account the size of the large room, do I go for the Pioneer SCLX56 or Pioneer SCLX86?
The SCLX56 is around £900 with the discounted rate. The SCLX86 is around £1450 with the discounted rate.
2) What do you guys think to the speakers I am considering?
Zensor 7 package Dali PAH01304 | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds or perhaps the IKON MK2 package here Dali PAH01949 | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds
3) There is a cash back promotion at the moment until 31st March, hence the reason I’m trying to make the amp purchase now. Is it worth purchasing now due to this deal or do Pioneer generally extend deals / drop prices or bring out other deals soon? (If so, then I will hold off the purchase but keen to hear everyone’s thoughts)
Many thanks in Advance for any advice!!