Pioneer LX53 vs SKY+ dolby signal - PLEASE HELP ME!
reeeeeally hoping someone can help me because this is really annoying.
i'm trying to get dolby digital from my sky+ hd box
i am using a pioneer VSX-LX53
what i have done:
* i have checked that the SKY+ tv show i am experimenting with has the "DD" signal on the program information. experimented with multiple channels with no joy.
* i have an HDMI lead from my SKY+ box into my Pioneer LX53 into input HDMI1. i also have an optical digital into input 2 (also experimented with optical input 1 and HDMI input 2 + BD and combinations of those 3)
* i have made sure that the sky+ box is sending a dobly digital signal
* i have gone into the Pioneer amp, into settings, and set the HDMI settings for HDMI1 to read the digital signal from Optical input 2
* i have the pioneer amp set to "automatic detection" as far as the sound setting goes
and none of this is working!! it's really annoying! when i exit the pioneer menu after fiddling with the HDMI input settings i get about half a second of the DOLBY DIGITAL logo but then that disappears and i get the very depressing STEREO text appear.
does anyone know what i am doing wrong or how to fix this???????
pleeeeease heeeeelp meeeeee!