4 posts / 0 new
Last post
aahonari's picture
Marantz MM8077 / AV8801 or MM7055 / AV7701
English

Hi everybody,

First and foremost, I am sorry if my question is a re-post, but I couldn't find a similar thread.

Now, I was wondering if any of you have heard or bought either the  Marantz MM8077 / AV8801 or MM7055 / AV7701 pair? I own a Denon AVR 2311 Ci, and I want to upgrade my AV receiver. Therefore, if you have a suggestion or opinion to share about either of these two pairs, I'd very much like to hear.

Many thanks in advance!

michael hoy's picture
aahonari wrote:

aahonari wrote:

Hi everybody,

First and foremost, I am sorry if my question is a re-post, but I couldn't find a similar thread.

Now, I was wondering if any of you have heard or bought either the  Marantz MM8077 / AV8801 or MM7055 / AV7701 pair? I own a Denon AVR 2311 Ci, and I want to upgrade my AV receiver. Therefore, if you have a suggestion or opinion to share about either of these two pairs, I'd very much like to hear.

Many thanks in advance!

Sorry I cannot answer the question, I am thinking of the first combo myself and would be interested in this post as well.

Colz's picture
HI there

HI there

I have the ones before this the AV8003 and MM8003 for about the past 4 years. Great piece of kit, really good with both movies and music, not much in the way of frills and pretty basic looking menus, but has the performance where it counts in sound quality. Obviously everything in the new versions is upgraded. I'm sure there are more comprehensively spec-ed alternatives out there but Marantz's focus is sound, nothing I've ever thrown at it has unsettled it, up to an including a Michell GyroSE. If you do go the pre-power route, balanced XLRs are the way to connect the pre to the power. I would strongly recommed them, but if you have any specific questions please ask.

All the best

Colz

aahonari's picture
Colz wrote:

Colz wrote:

HI there

I have the ones before this the AV8003 and MM8003 for about the past 4 years. Great piece of kit, really good with both movies and music, not much in the way of frills and pretty basic looking menus, but has the performance where it counts in sound quality. Obviously everything in the new versions is upgraded. I'm sure there are more comprehensively spec-ed alternatives out there but Marantz's focus is sound, nothing I've ever thrown at it has unsettled it, up to an including a Michell GyroSE. If you do go the pre-power route, balanced XLRs are the way to connect the pre to the power. I would strongly recommed them, but if you have any specific questions please ask.

All the best

Colz

Hi thanks for the reply. Apparently the new model AV8802 is being released in Late Q4. Now, I have to wait for another 6 months. grrr! Though, Denon just came out with their new AVR-X5200W