Have your say & ask the experts!

Bought a Cheap Sony STR-DA1200ES receiver. Is it any good?

50 replies [Last post]
RE: Bought a Cheap Sony STR-DA1200ES receiver. Is it any good?

strapped for cash wrote:

There's no green tint to the bands on my GT50, unless the screen is filled with green content. The bands show up as a lighter shade of whichever colour is being displayed.

Sorry, I meant that they showed as very light green bands on the white background  when I was running the scrolling bar. 

Anyway, good luck, and good night.

LOUNGE:  Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Dali Zensor 3 (front) / Dali Zensor Vokal (centre) / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition (rear) / Q Acoustics1000Si (sub) / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM20 Cartridge / Sky HD / WD My Book Live 2TB / Seagate Expansion 2TB / Nintendo Wii / Tacima CS-929 

BEDROOM:  Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001

gel
gel's picture

Just stick with it guys because at the end of the day you are spending a £1000 so you want a good one.  You do know you don't have to pack the TV back up again?  John Lewis will just take it as it is.  So there is not that much hassle.

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

Cheers Gel.

When I spoke to JL they asked me to pack up the old GT50, with all accessories. Anyway, it's a minor pain; and fingers crossed it'll be the last time I have to do it.

Hardware: Panasonic TX-P50VT65B (calibrated); Cambridge Audio Azur 651BD; Yamaha RX-A810; Teac PD-H600; PS3; B&W 601 & 600LCR (series 3); Q Acoustics QAV (rear)

Furniture and Accessories: BLOK Classix 3000 Oak AV Cabinet; Atacama Nexus 6 (atabite metal filled); 3D3 A1112

gel
gel's picture

strapped for cash wrote:

Cheers Gel.

When I spoke to JL they asked me to pack up the old GT50, with all accessories. Anyway, it's a minor pain; and fingers crossed it'll be the last time I have to do it.

You really don't have to though, I have sent back 4 TVs to John Lewis in about the last year and a half, and some said you did and some said there was no need.  The guys who pick it up don't care either way, after all what are they going to do with the box now.  Smile  That way you can leave it plugged in right up to the last minute.

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

psurquhart's picture

Hey Bretty,

Theirs a 5400 es going on ebay at mo - present bid of 100 quid.

Have posted this elsewhere too but thought you might want to know.

It's not mine, I too own one and its brilliant, so I am not after any gains here but I watch out for them from time to time to see what they go for.

Highly recommend this amp, mines been brilliant.

Sony DA5400 ES, Sony BDP-S790, Panasonic 42" GT-30, Sky HD 1TB, PMC GB1's Front, PMC DB1C, Mission 752 Freedom's Rear, Still No Sub :0(

Gadgets - Apple TV3, iPad 4 64gb, iPhone 5, Xbox 360 Slim & a Wii for the kids.