Advice please on adding stereo amp to AVR.
Hi everyone - hope this is in the correct forum category,
I'm very happy with the sonic performance of my system (see signature) when watching a BR or Sky but would like to improve 2 channel music
playback if possible so am seeking advice/information from anyone who can help.
I currently have the UDP player linked by HDMI into the AVR and when playing multichannel SACD's the sound is, in my opinion, quite stunning
but when playing standard CDs find it palatable but slightly "wooly" and was wondering if I purchased a separate stereo amp and connected
it via the AVR pre-outs would render paplable returns in sonic clarity. Currently when playing 2 channel discs I have the sub woofer enabled to add
bottom end grunt - I realize that the speaker package is my system's weak link but their replacement is a non starter.
1) Would an integrated or power amp be more suitable?
2) If a seperate amp was used would I have to alter connections for signal output from the UDP for 2 channel playback and retain the HDMI
connection for multi channel playback and BR use? If so how would I integrate both amps for film/SACD multichannel playback?
3) Should the new amp also be a Denon unit to retain a unified sonic signature when 5.1/7.1 playback is in use?
4) As the AVR HAS 7.2 channels of amplification for (new) £1000.00 - therefore simplistically £111.00 per amp channel would I have to look at
stereo/power amps at £200.00+ per amp channel to achieve a worthwhile improvement? Is this theory pertinent?
5) If I were to go down this route would a seperate amp with bi-amping capabilities be beneficial as my L/R speakers are capable of this.
Any advice, comments or information about the above would be greatly appreciated and if any reader has done something similar with Denon
equipment your experiences would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.