3D With Non 3D AV Receiver
I am considering upgrading to a 3d projector but only have a non 3d amp and am looking at the best way to configure my system.
My system is Yamaha RXV2065, Q Acoustics 2000 series 7.1 speakers Sony BDP-S570 3D player, Panasonic PTAE900E Projector (distance from screen 21ft throw), Sony KDL40W4000 Bravia TV, Diplomat 230x129.5cn widescreen manual projector screen, Sky HD.
I have recently upgraded to a Sony blu ray player (now that prices of both players and discs are more reasonable) and I must say that I am impressed by the quality of blu ray picture and sound over sky HD. Unfortunately my projector only handles 1080i and not p. I am considering upgrading to an Optoma HD33 or HD83 mainly to take advantage of the 1080p facility and the chance to watch Sky sports in 3D as this part of the package is included in my Sky HD subscription and I have been told that sport in particular works well in 3D. I am not sure I am sold yet on 3D for films, Avatar was good in 3D but 3D did not seem to do much for the Harry Potter (although the HD disc is being bundled with a free 3D copy).
My questions are
I assume that my existing set up will let me watch Sky 3D with a 3D projector as it is broadcast in 540i which fits within the existing capacity of my Yamaha amp?
- If I want to watch a 3D Blu ray movie could I set the player to output at 540i?
- If I wanted to try full HD3D and connected the projector directly to the Sony Blu ray Player would this work or do I have to upgrade the HDMI cable?
- If this would work can I connect the blu ray to the amp via an optical cable for sound? Would I lose some of the blu ray audio signal?
- If I wanted, at some stage in the future, to watch full HD 3D could I upgrade the blu ray player to one with 2 HDMI outputs and run a second cable to the projector, rather than replacing the Yamaha amp?
- If I did this would the HDMI cable into the amp transmit the full audio signal?
- I assume that I will get a considerably improved better picture replacing the Panasonic with a new projector?
- In your opinion is it worth investing in the more expensive HD83 rather than the HD33, especially for watching football?
- I assume that passive glasses 3D projector systems will require an expensive new screen and so are probably not worth waiting for?