66 posts / 0 new
Last post
landzw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 09/06/2009 - 15:36
Posts: 638
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

A friend of mine added a couple of trip wires with a flash grenades ( from America ) to each, guess what the kids only into his garden once after that and its much cheaper 

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12686
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

DandyCobalt wrote:

We installed a few of these in the garden, and don't seem to have any more problems with local kids... Undecided

beartrap

....and it's rusted as well!!  :O

DandyCobalt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 08/10/2010 - 14:58
Posts: 1430
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

bigboss wrote:

DandyCobalt wrote:

We installed a few of these in the garden, and don't seem to have any more problems with local kids... Undecided

beartrap

....and it's rusted as well!!  :O

Cultured tetanus does seem to age the metal nicely Smile

Sliced Bread's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 28/07/2010 - 14:46
Posts: 1482
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

How about asking them if you can find a compromise with a fence that’ll deter anyone to enter while also be acceptable for you? An alternative could be that you grow rose bushes up the side of the fence…it’ll look nice and be good for prevention.

Not sure if this helps or not too:
http://thecrimepreventionwebsite.com/garden-boundaries-and-fences/614/the-uk-law-concerning-fences-walls-and-gates/

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

Simple, ask your housing association to arrange a meeting where you, your neighbours and a representative from the h/a can discuss the issues .  The final decision will rest with the h/a as to who is right / wrong

simonlewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 15/04/2008 - 10:17
Posts: 3418
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

TheCaptain wrote:

Simple, ask your housing association to arrange a meeting where you, your neighbours and a representative from the h/a can discuss the issues .  The final decision will rest with the h/a as to who is right / wrong

This is going to happen soon, i'm expecting things to get ugly, i've been here twelve years & it wouldn't suprise me if i look for new accomodation this year, apparently my next door neighbours don't like cats, they don't like cats (inc. neighbours cats) climbing on the fences, i'm ready for war.

GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

By law cat's have a right to roam...there is no earthly way of stoping a cat eneter/climbing on or in any garden they want...a dog is different....cats also help keep out the vermin(my mate at work is in pest control) :shifty:

 

fr0g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 07/01/2008 - 18:38
Posts: 2934
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

GSB wrote:

By law cat's have a right to roam...there is no earthly way of stoping a cat eneter/climbing on or in any garden they want...a dog is different....cats also help keep out the vermin(my mate at work is in pest control) :shifty:

 

By law? Really.

IMO cats should be kept indoors unless their owners are with them. They are an unnatural predator and a pest. And they leave poo on lawns that can cause serious illness to kids.

Not that I don't like them, I do. But they should be treated like any other pet and not left to roam around all the time.

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6311
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

Would be interested to know what law, seems an odd thing to detain the legislature about!

michael hoy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 06/10/2008 - 18:56
Posts: 1587
RE: I am at war with my neighbours
altruistic.lemon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 25/07/2011 - 09:18
Posts: 1865
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

simonlewis wrote:

TheCaptain wrote:

Simple, ask your housing association to arrange a meeting where you, your neighbours and a representative from the h/a can discuss the issues .  The final decision will rest with the h/a as to who is right / wrong

This is going to happen soon, i'm expecting things to get ugly, i've been here twelve years & it wouldn't suprise me if i look for new accomodation this year, apparently my next door neighbours don't like cats, they don't like cats (inc. neighbours cats) climbing on the fences, i'm ready for war.

Sounds like you were looking trouble if you ask me, mate, but I'm from a different culture. We talk first, have a beer, and if that doesn't work, scratch the duco on their cars!
GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

ROFL

GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

BenLaw wrote:

Would be interested to know what law, seems an odd thing to detain the legislature about!

I'm not quoting English law but natures law Wink

GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

My current neighbour told me(and i do believe him)that in a previous property he caught a troublesom cat in his garden,put in the boot of his car and let he/she go 40 odd miles away,in wooded area,at night.Some two weeks later that bloody cat was back,at the bottom of his garden craping under his rhode's ROFL

simonlewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 15/04/2008 - 10:17
Posts: 3418
RE: I am at war with my neighbours

Thanks for all the info chaps, i'll be giving the RSPCA a ring tomorrow morning to see what they have to say, i think it's a bit late tonight.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments