11 posts / 0 new
Last post
psurquhart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 15/11/2010 - 13:49
Posts: 598
Lightningingly slow to release. Any news ?
psurquhart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 15/11/2010 - 13:49
Posts: 598
RE: Lightningingly slow to release. Any news ?

What's going on with posting ? Just written a post (above) and it's all dissappeared ? Grrrrrr.

Version 2 :

Any news on a release date on the new adaptor ?

Was wondering if it will improve sound on my Teac SR80i dock in the kitchen.

I am loving the 5 but this is really crap by Apple - surely it should be out by now ?

Was even thinking of buying a third party one from Fleabay but am worried they are of poor quality.

Any one bought one yet ? 

MajorFubar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/03/2010 - 00:01
Posts: 3430
RE: Lightningingly slow to release. Any news ?

"Lightningly slow".  Now that's a new one.  I'll use that to teach my kids what an oxymoron is   Blum 3

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6318
RE: Lightningingly slow to release. Any news ?

Rodhas Gibson said on this thread that he already had two of the adapters and they worked perfectly:  http://www.whathifi.com/forum/apple-iphone/iphone-5?page=16#comment-2770943

psurquhart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 15/11/2010 - 13:49
Posts: 598
RE: Lightningingly slow to release. Any news ?

BenLaw wrote:

Rodhas Gibson said on this thread that he already had two of the adapters and they worked perfectly:  http://www.whathifi.com/forum/apple-iphone/iphone-5?page=16#comment-2770943

Ones a dock and the other one is getting bad reviews ?

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6318
RE: Lightningingly slow to release. Any news ?

No, Rodhas said that he had an adapter from Apple and that it worked perfectly. He also has a dock, which he linked to, which he is also happy with. I have not been sent my third party adapter yet, and they are getting bad reviews because they have been cancelling orders. It sounds like no third party adpaters have been released yet because of problems with the chip (as BigBoss anticipated in the other thread).

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12842
RE: Lightningingly slow to release. Any news ?

MajorFubar wrote:

"Lightningly slow".  Now that's a new one.  I'll use that to teach my kids what an oxymoron is   Blum 3

 

Lightningly - famous quote from Ratatouille.   Smile

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

psurquhart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 15/11/2010 - 13:49
Posts: 598
RE: Lightningingly slow to release. Any news ?

BenLaw wrote:

No, Rodhas said that he had an adapter from Apple and that it worked perfectly. He also has a dock, which he linked to, which he is also happy with. I have not been sent my third party adapter yet, and they are getting bad reviews because they have been cancelling orders. It sounds like no third party adpaters have been released yet because of problems with the chip (as BigBoss anticipated in the other thread).

OK fair enough.

Perhaps you chaps at What Hi Fi might have some news on this ? (Launch date / what's happening)

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 28 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12707
RE: Lightningingly slow to release. Any news ?

psurquhart wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

No, Rodhas said that he had an adapter from Apple and that it worked perfectly. He also has a dock, which he linked to, which he is also happy with. I have not been sent my third party adapter yet, and they are getting bad reviews because they have been cancelling orders. It sounds like no third party adpaters have been released yet because of problems with the chip (as BigBoss anticipated in the other thread).

OK fair enough.

Perhaps you chaps at What Hi Fi might have some news on this ? (Launch date / what's happening)

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the adapters are arriving after 25th October, so hopefully next week.

RodhasGibson's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 10/10/2008 - 18:32
Posts: 979
RE: Lightningingly slow to release. Any news ?

Hi Look, as Ben mentioned,I have 2 Lightning adapters direct from apple took 2 days to arrive and that was 2 weeks ago.Can't see your problem there. I have also just bought a 3rd party Dock to sync and charge etc [made in China]but purchased from Amazon again 3day delivery,[see my link in the other post]. I have been testing this for the last few days and it is great.

MajorFubar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/03/2010 - 00:01
Posts: 3430
RE: Lightningingly slow to release. Any news ?

gel wrote:

MajorFubar wrote:

"Lightningly slow".  Now that's a new one.  I'll use that to teach my kids what an oxymoron is   Blum 3

 

Lightningly - famous quote from Ratatouille.   Smile

:grin:
Log in or register to post comments