257 posts / 0 new
Last post
carter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 27/08/2008 - 23:58
Posts: 1963
RE: iPhone 5

Paul Hobbs wrote:

Thought you would enjoy this...

 

I see nothing still

 

fr0g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 07/01/2008 - 18:38
Posts: 2933
RE: iPhone 5

 

In case it doesn't work...

 

http://www.b3tards.com/u/037e58b9e054b3c8dd7b/milksheep.jpg

robjcooper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 29/09/2008 - 23:02
Posts: 517
RE: iPhone 5

fr0g wrote:

robjcooper wrote:

bigboss wrote:

Big Aura wrote:

bigboss wrote:

Lightning To 30-pin adapter is £25!  :O

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

you beat me to it! Absolutely scandalous!  it's £30 if you want it with 20cm of cable in there too.  (which by my math, makes it £25 a metre for cable - I'm sure it's very good....).

will the new iPhone be packaged with a free adaptor?  Will txhird parties be permitted to make them without extortionate licence fees??

Knowing Apple, you won't get a free adapter. It has no reason to. If you have an older iPod dock, that's your problem. And knowing eBay, you will get loads of sellers, whether license is required or not. Wink But Apple is unlikely to anger its loyal customer base by stifling competition here. In any case, it won't see other adapters as "competition". It's got other bigger products to profit from. Imagine Apple CEO showing a slide of $1 million profit from the adapter alone! :grin:

 

Say for example I bought a Peugeot 307 with their own name Roofbox and bars (actually made by Thule). A couple of years later, I buy a newer Peugeot, the 308, but would like to keep and use my old roofbox. However, the roof mountings don't fit... would I expect Peugeot to give me a new set of bar adapters? Of course I wouldn't and I'd just go out and buy a new set that fit my new car's roof. However it seems to have become a matter of course now that when you replace any other manufacturer's name with Apple, then it's a completely different matter.

Perhaps we should all still be using SCSI.....

 

 

 

Actually the EU commission recently put into effect that ALL cellphones should standardise to the micro-usb standard. Most of them have.

It avoids waste and makes charging simple and easy, even if you forget your charger.

I can now charge my phone using a lead from most of my recent gadget aquisitions.... Kindle - Micro USB, my old Nokia phone...micro sub, the 3 android phones in the household - micro usb. My bluetooth headset - micro usb. My car bluetooth kit - micro usb.

 

I simply don't worry about charging cables as there's probably 10 in the house!

 

But the fashion-house in Cupertino...nope. 

 

 

 

Shame that you'd actually posed a valid argument but then spoilt it with the pathetic, sarcastic and cliched 'fashion house' line....

 

 

Paul.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 26/11/2010 - 21:44
Posts: 2947
RE: iPhone 5

 

robjcooper wrote:

Shame that you'd actually posed a valid argument but then spoilt it with the pathetic, sarcastic and cliched 'fashion house' line....

You should have seen it before Fr0g edited it, aparently we are 'golums' for liking shiny things...

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6296
RE: iPhone 5

Paul Hobbs wrote:

 

robjcooper wrote:

Shame that you'd actually posed a valid argument but then spoilt it with the pathetic, sarcastic and cliched 'fashion house' line....

You should have seen it before Fr0g edited it, aparently we are 'golums' for liking shiny things...

 

This gollum just pre-ordered a precious  Smile

RodhasGibson's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 10/10/2008 - 18:32
Posts: 978
RE: iPhone 5

BenLaw wrote:

Paul Hobbs wrote:

 

robjcooper wrote:

Shame that you'd actually posed a valid argument but then spoilt it with the pathetic, sarcastic and cliched 'fashion house' line....

You should have seen it before Fr0g edited it, aparently we are 'golums' for liking shiny things...

 

This gollum just pre-ordered a precious  Smile

+1 here too,32gb in black.Just had email fom apple 10 mins ago Cool to say mine will arrive by courier Friday 21st Sept 2012.
BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6296
RE: iPhone 5

RodhasGibson wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

Paul Hobbs wrote:

 

robjcooper wrote:

Shame that you'd actually posed a valid argument but then spoilt it with the pathetic, sarcastic and cliched 'fashion house' line....

You should have seen it before Fr0g edited it, aparently we are 'golums' for liking shiny things...

 

This gollum just pre-ordered a precious  Smile

+1 here too,32gb in black.Just had email fom apple 10 mins ago Cool to say mine will arrive by courier Friday 21st Sept 2012.

 

Nice one  Smile

 

I'm with 02 whose pre-order only just came online, so I suspect I won't get mine as fast as you. I've gone up from 32gb to 64gb as I recently put the music quality back up to 256k and had to cut loads of music out, now I can put it all back on  Smile

AnotherJoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 10/06/2011 - 13:50
Posts: 768
RE: iPhone 5

The main reason I dont buy Apple, is I dont like being taken advantage of.

 

The Iphone5 is a good example. My Htc One X has a much bigger screen, cpu twice as fast, - and yet over 2 years the 32GB version will cost £507 more than my Htc One X on same minutes/text/data.

 

I would also NEVER buy anything before its been reviewed and ALL the specs disclosed. To me thats just crazy.

 

I just laugh when I see the cable saga. But people still put up with it.

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6296
RE: iPhone 5

AnotherJoe wrote:

The Iphone5 is a good example. My Htc One X has a much bigger screen, cpu twice as fast, - and yet over 2 years the 32GB version will cost £507 more than my Htc One X on same minutes/text/data.

 

I just laugh when I see people talk about things like CPU speed. I really don't give a monkeys. My iPhone 4 is perfectly fast enough for all I require and I'm sure the 5 will be at least as fast. Obviously, different people have different priorities. 

 

Everyone has individual considerations for cost as well. I've chosen to pay a fair whack up front, but I'm reducing my monthly tariff by £10 p/m (whilst doubling my data allowance) which over the course of the contract and including the money I get for recycling my existing phone works out as neutral cost. That is before taking into account the huge personal benefit of the extra built in capacity and the fact I can set off part of the cost of the phone against vat and tax due to my business use of it. 

 

I'm very happy  Smile

AnotherJoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 10/06/2011 - 13:50
Posts: 768
RE: iPhone 5

I missed that - I was busy watching a film that actually fits the whole of my display!

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6296
RE: iPhone 5

Sorry, missed what?

AnotherJoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 10/06/2011 - 13:50
Posts: 768
RE: iPhone 5

And now I'm looking at a 3d map of London pondering what pub we're going to next.

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6296
RE: iPhone 5

Ah, so you hadn't missed anything, you've just decided to start expressing your point in a very childish way. I don't see how that helps anyone, very much including yourself. 

Paul.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 26/11/2010 - 21:44
Posts: 2947
RE: iPhone 5

Yeah! Let's go online and call other people's decisions stupid to validate our own superiority!  Yeah, go Internet!!!  Wooooooo!  

fr0g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 07/01/2008 - 18:38
Posts: 2933
RE: iPhone 5

Paul Hobbs wrote:

 

robjcooper wrote:

Shame that you'd actually posed a valid argument but then spoilt it with the pathetic, sarcastic and cliched 'fashion house' line....

You should have seen it before Fr0g edited it, aparently we are 'golums' for liking shiny things...

 

I edited as I thought it was unfair. It was intended as a joke, but as you saw, came across as a general insult which wasn't intended.

 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments