9 posts / 0 new
Last post
chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16113
Got my iPhone 5 yesterday.

32GB Black.  Three network.

PAC code all sorted (old number moved), synced to iTunes/backed up etc.

3G data is blisteringly fast now (O2 was dog slow) and great 3G reception/speed in all sorts of places where it struggled before on O2. (Well done Three.)

Data is unlimited now.

AirPlay performance as good as ever. (Never had any problems there anyway.)

Display quality is fantastic. 

Now paying £5 less per month than old (O2) contract and £4 less than equivalent new O2 contract. (Although O2 could only offer 1GB data.)

Much of my happiness is down to better contract/better 3G reception/faster 3G speed/unlimited data etc. but the iPhone 5 is certainly the icing on the cake.

I know i'm going to get a 'beating' for liking my new iPhone but I don't care Smile

Note: This should in no way be interpreted as criticism of any other type, or brand, of phone as I have never tried them.

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12970
RE: Got my iPhone 5 yesterday.

chebby wrote:

32GB Black.  Three network.

PAC code all sorted (old number moved), synced to iTunes/backed up etc.

3G data is blisteringly fast now (O2 was dog slow) and great 3G reception/speed in all sorts of places where it struggled before on O2. (Well done Three.)

Data is unlimited now.

AirPlay performance as good as ever. (Never had any problems there anyway.)

Display quality is fantastic. 

Now paying £5 less per month than old (O2) contract and £4 less than equivalent new O2 contract. (Although O2 could only offer 1GB data.)

Much of my happiness is down to better contract/better 3G reception/faster 3G speed/unlimited data etc. but the iPhone 5 is certainly the icing on the cake.

I know i'm going to get a 'beating' for liking my new iPhone but I don't care Smile

Note: This should in no way be interpreted as criticism of any other type, or brand, of phone as I have never tried them.

 

I had another look at the 5 yesterday and thought how nice the display was.  How about taking some pictures and uploading, on the 4s it is so easy.  As soon as you connect it up, it asks do you want to upload photos.  Congrats btw!

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Juzzie Wuzzie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 18/09/2007 - 16:18
Posts: 614
RE: Got my iPhone 5 yesterday.

Trying to get an iPhone (contract free) from Apple is proving impossible due to stock, so well done.  I'm still waiting - will stick with my T-Mobile contract though.

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16113
RE: Got my iPhone 5 yesterday.

Juzzie Wuzzie wrote:

Trying to get an iPhone (contract free) from Apple is proving impossible due to stock, so well done.

I ordered it on 20th Oct.

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12970
RE: Got my iPhone 5 yesterday.

One thing I have yet to master on the 4s is how do you check to see how much credit you have left?  It used to tell me, now it has stopped?  Cheers.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Paul.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 26/11/2010 - 21:44
Posts: 2997
RE: Got my iPhone 5 yesterday.

Chebby, if you find yourself missing visual voice mail, download Hullo Mail.  3 will charge you 30p per minute to check your mail if you call them, Hullo Mail is free.

jjbomber's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 22/12/2006 - 00:42
Posts: 797
RE: Got my iPhone 5 yesterday.

Not sure why you're expecting a beating. It's cheaper per month, has better reception, faster 3G, ticks every box really. Add that you can sell your old phone just before Christmas for an even bigger plus in the £s column. 

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Got my iPhone 5 yesterday.

I love mine. It seems to me to be faster than anything else out there, including the One X and GS3. It's beautifully made too.

Did I say that I love mine  Smile

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16113
RE: Got my iPhone 5 yesterday.

jjbomber wrote:
Add that you can sell your old phone just before Christmas for an even bigger plus in the £s column.

I had my old one unlocked by O2 before my contract ended.

My daughter is now going to have it. (Like I have any say in the matter.) I have polished it up and put a new screen protector on it and she has bought a (pink with flowers!!) case for it.  It looks stupid now.

 

 

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

Log in or register to post comments