20 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
iPad Problems

Hi

 

My iPad won't let me access my emails on Btinternet, has anybody else got this problem?  What should I do?  Thanks

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 21 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 16448
Reboot the iPad.

Reboot the iPad.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
RE: Reboot the iPad.

bigboss wrote:
Reboot the iPad.

 

Thanks, I will do it now.   :cheers:

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 21 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 16448
If that doesn't work, check

If that doesn't work, check email settings, re-enter your password, & check server settings.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
RE: If that doesn't work, check

bigboss wrote:
If that doesn't work, check email settings, re-enter your password, & check server settings.

 

Done, still not working.  Any ideas?  Tried it on my laptop and is working.  Tried it on a different iPad and still not working!

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
I can't get the correct time

I can't get the correct time at the top either now!

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
I am still not getting any

I am still not getting anywhere! :wall:

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 14320
RE: I am still not getting any

One would have to assume that you don't have the correct settings on the iPad, there really isn't any way for any of us to tell though.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
RE: I am still not getting any

The_Lhc wrote:

One would have to assume that you don't have the correct settings on the iPad, there really isn't any way for any of us to tell though.

 

I haven't changed any settings, and I have tried a different iPad too and it's not working on there too!  Cleared cookies, done resets, still nowhere!

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

philipjohnwright's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 26/06/2009 - 21:32
Posts: 246
Leave it a while and it will

Leave it a while and it will probably work. Then stop working again, then start again. I have the same issue, often supposedly down to using the wrong password. But then miraculously it works again using the same password (that is entered automatically).

If you have the same problem as me it's down to Bt, not the ipad. Having spoken to someone at bt at length the only think they could suggest was resetting the password across all my devices. That worked for a while but then the problems came back. I think it's BT's security software getting concerned about the account being accessed from multiple devices and assuming some of them are dodgy, so blocking them for a while. The BT guy alluded to this sort of, but couldn't suggest a permanent fix.

Bottom line is I'm having to live with it. Very frustrating, my only solution was to download their Mail App, which to be fair is good. But that means I sometimes have mail coming into two clients, which defeats the object somewhat.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
RE: Leave it a while and it will

philipjohnwright wrote:
Leave it a while and it will probably work. Then stop working again, then start again. I have the same issue, often supposedly down to using the wrong password. But then miraculously it works again using the same password (that is entered automatically). If you have the same problem as me it's down to Bt, not the ipad. Having spoken to someone at bt at length the only think they could suggest was resetting the password across all my devices. That worked for a while but then the problems came back. I think it's BT's security software getting concerned about the account being accessed from multiple devices and assuming some of them are dodgy, so blocking them for a while. The BT guy alluded to this sort of, but couldn't suggest a permanent fix. Bottom line is I'm having to live with it. Very frustrating, my only solution was to download their Mail App, which to be fair is good. But that means I sometimes have mail coming into two clients, which defeats the object somewhat.

 

Yep, that all makes sense - cheers!  Mine has been pretty much like that too.  But now I have really hit a brick wall - how annoying!  Thanks.

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
RE: I just managed to get into it

I just managed to get into it again! How do I reset the clock again? Cheers.

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
RE: I just managed to get into it

gel wrote:

I just managed to get into it again! How do I reset the clock again? Cheers.

 

Dont worry, I just done it.  Smile

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
It has gone again - OMG!

It has gone again - OMG! |(

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
RE: iPad Problems

Stupid Apple!  Still not working, this is not good enough!   |(. What does one do?   :?

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18518
RE: iPad Problems

Still not working!  Should I buy a Nexus 7?   :?

 OLED TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments