13 posts / 0 new
Last post
admin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 04/09/2013 - 14:19
Posts: 51606
Samsung Gallaxy Ace
English

Just bought one of these for £159.99 at phones4u. Very impressed with it. Bargain too.

eggontoast's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 23/02/2011 - 15:21
Posts: 1467
RE: Samsung Gallaxy Ace

I brought the misses one a few months back, she loves it.

I personally found the firmware a little 'homebrew' looking coming from an iPhone, but at £160......a bargain for sure.

AnotherJoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/06/2011 - 13:50
Posts: 785
RE: Samsung Gallaxy Ace

The last line of a review on a well-known hardware site sums it up

 

'it looks much like an iPhone 4, but underneath it has plenty of Android treats to rescue it from the realms of the also-rans.'

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Samsung Galaxy Ace

Yes, nice little phone. :clap:

Sorry about the typo!

the record spot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 13/10/2007 - 14:36
Posts: 9252
RE: Samsung Galaxy Ace

What's the battery life like chaps?  Can you get into a second day even with "real world" use?  I don't mean hammering web, tets and calls, but regular stuff - I'm a heavy web user at times, with the odd text and my Nokia E52 lasts well into two days.  

 

The only other phones I'd consider just now are the Motorola Atrix and Smasungs Galaxy S2 which has a beefier battery (1650maH I think).  Thoughts on the Ace are welcome though!

eggontoast's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 23/02/2011 - 15:21
Posts: 1467
RE: Samsung Galaxy Ace

the record spot wrote:

What's the battery life like chaps?  Can you get into a second day even with "real world" use?  I don't mean hammering web, tets and calls, but regular stuff - I'm a heavy web user at times, with the odd text and my Nokia E52 lasts well into two days.  

 

The only other phones I'd consider just now are the Motorola Atrix and Smasungs Galaxy S2 which has a beefier battery (1650maH I think).  Thoughts on the Ace are welcome though!

Misses says one day two at a push.
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Samsung Gallaxy Ace

Agreed. Although on the positive side it charges relatively quickly -  a couple of hours or so. :star:

the record spot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 13/10/2007 - 14:36
Posts: 9252
RE: Samsung Gallaxy Ace

OK, thanks chaps - that's that one chalked off the shortlist then...!

ukdavej's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 12/10/2009 - 12:51
Posts: 540
RE: Samsung Gallaxy Ace

the record spot wrote:

OK, thanks chaps - that's that one chalked off the shortlist then...!

Probably just as well. I was talking to a guy in the carphone warehouse on Tuesday. The price has just dropped to £99.99 and you cannot get one anywhere apparently

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Samsung Galaxy Ace

It's actually from £199.99!

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-ACE/PPAY&clearance=false

Three is cheaper but they're poop.

the record spot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 13/10/2007 - 14:36
Posts: 9252
RE: Samsung Galaxy Ace

Ah, au contraire mon ami, Three are absolutely fine.  Been with them for three years now and never had a problem.  My sim-only deal is about the best you'll find out there - £8 a month and I get unlimited data (and that's not fair use either), 2000 minutes, 10,000 3-to-3 minutes and 5,000 texts.  No issues.  And I see the rest are starting to catch up.  I hear Three were poor to start off with, but they're absolutely flying now.  No way I'd change from this deal or the company.

f1only's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 07/04/2010 - 09:14
Posts: 1070
RE: Samsung Gallaxy Ace

Battery life is no problem. My wife has one & the easy answer is buy a gold battery that has 2430mAH. I got one for my HTC & her Samsung, it makes quite a difference, the best upgrade over a standard battery.

I found it here.

 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GOLD-BATTERY-2430mAh-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-ACE-S5830-HIGH-QUALITY-/180753636457?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a15c19c69

 

Regards ..

A/V Amp - Pioneer SC-LX78

Speakers - B&W 683 S2, 685 S2, HTM61 S2 Centre, 610 Subwoofer, Onkyo SKH-410.

TV - Calibrated 4K Panasonic TX-50AX802B

Blu-ray Players - Sony mr BDPS790, PS3, PS4.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Samsung Galaxy Ace

the record spot wrote:

Ah, au contraire mon ami, Three are absolutely fine.  Been with them for three years now and never had a problem.  My sim-only deal is about the best you'll find out there - £8 a month and I get unlimited data (and that's not fair use either), 2000 minutes, 10,000 3-to-3 minutes and 5,000 texts.  No issues.  And I see the rest are starting to catch up.  I hear Three were poor to start off with, but they're absolutely flying now.  No way I'd change from this deal or the company.

Interesting Mr. Spot. That's a cracking deal......

Log in or register to post comments