24 posts / 0 new
Last post
mattytun1514's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 20/05/2009 - 21:10
Posts: 131
Logging Out Of Hotmail
English

Hi i have "samsung galaxy S2" ive set -up hotmail and im not sure how to log out of hotmail.I also have Gmail and its better as i gives me option to log out

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 13026
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

What would be the point of logging out?

SteveR750's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/03/2005 - 23:46
Posts: 3080
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

mattytun1514 wrote:

Hi i have "samsung galaxy S2" ive set -up hotmail and im not sure how to log out of hotmail.I also have Gmail and its better as i gives me option to log out

You can access hotmail in two ways, either through the default email client which is permanently logged on, or you can download the hotmail app, which allows you to access multiple accounts and "pause" them. Is that what you were looking for?

SteveR750's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/03/2005 - 23:46
Posts: 3080
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

The_Lhc wrote:
What would be the point of logging out?

 

Teenage kids messing with dad's phone is a good enough reason IME

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 13026
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

SteveR750 wrote:
The_Lhc wrote:
What would be the point of logging out?

Teenage kids messing with dad's phone is a good enough reason IME

How can they mess around with it if it's in your pocket?

Lee H's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 07/10/2010 - 12:20
Posts: 1465
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

SteveR750 wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:
What would be the point of logging out?

 

Teenage kids messing with dad's phone is a good enough reason IME

That's what PIN codes are for

SteveR750's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/03/2005 - 23:46
Posts: 3080
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

Lee H wrote:

SteveR750 wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:
What would be the point of logging out?

 

Teenage kids messing with dad's phone is a good enough reason IME

That's what PIN codes are for

They have managed to wortk them out.

 

@LHC - I don't keep it in my pocket 24/7 (does anyone?)

 

chudleighpaul's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 07/01/2010 - 16:08
Posts: 1384
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

I know what you mean, I have found it impossible to log out, Yahoo is a bit different, you can log out, but when you want to log in again, your password is retained by the phone, so you just click log in.

So much for security!

fr0g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 07/01/2008 - 18:38
Posts: 2954
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

This is a problem with phone and tablet OS' if you ask me. Designed for single-person use.

Whenever I finish on my laptop I press Windows and L, and the next person to use it logs in as themselves or guest.

 

But if the kids have worked out the login PIN, then change it, perhaps to a login password.

Part of the beauty of android etc is the ability to push email, which won't happen if you log off.

 

Otherwise, I found this free app that can put a lock on individual apps

 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sp.protector.free&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5zcC5wcm90ZWN0b3IuZnJlZSJd

 

 

 

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 13026
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

SteveR750 wrote:

Lee H wrote:

SteveR750 wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:
What would be the point of logging out?

Teenage kids messing with dad's phone is a good enough reason IME

That's what PIN codes are for

They have managed to wortk them out.

Change it to something else. And don't leave your bank cards lying around.

Quote:
@LHC - I don't keep it in my pocket 24/7 (does anyone?)

Err, yes. I fail to see the point in having a mobile phone if it isn't actually with you, if you just leave it in the same place then surely it's no different to a landline? If you're complaining because your kids are using your phone when you leave it lying around then surely the answer is obvious, don't leave it lying around*. Or is that too much personal responsibility to be dealing with?

 

 

 

*Or discipline your kids but then who would do something like that in this day and age?

SteveR750's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/03/2005 - 23:46
Posts: 3080
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

er no. I dont take my phone into the shower, or into the toilet. Occasionally it gets left on a table, kicthen top etc. This seems to me to be pretty normal behaviour. I wasnt really complaining, simply agreeing with the OP, and no I wouldnt discipline my kids for playing a harmless albeit irritating joke, it's what teenegars do and always did do. I don't have a discipine problem with my sons whatsoever.

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 13026
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

SteveR750 wrote:
er no. I dont take my phone into the shower,

So while you're in the shower your kids go into your room and mess with your phone?

Quote:
or into the toilet.

Really? It's not just sitting in your trouser pocket?

Quote:
Occasionally it gets left on a table, kicthen top etc. This seems to me to be pretty normal behaviour. I wasnt really complaining, simply agreeing with the OP, and no I wouldnt discipline my kids for playing a harmless albeit irritating joke, it's what teenegars do and always did do. I don't have a discipine problem with my sons whatsoever.

So when you tell them to stop ****ing around with your phone they listen? Doesn't seem like it.

SteveR750's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/03/2005 - 23:46
Posts: 3080
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

Er I don't think messing with it once constutues parental failure! Jeez, it helps if you actually knew the real facts, and didn't take everything quite so literally and seriosly. I'd smile but you're becoming an irritating pr*tt. Well done.  :clap:

 

 

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 13026
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

SteveR750 wrote:

Er I don't think messing with it once constutues parental failure! Jeez, it helps if you actually knew the real facts, and didn't take everything quite so literally and seriosly. I'd smile but you're becoming an irritating pr*tt. Well done.  :clap:

Did you say once? No. If it's only once why are you worrying about it? If it hasn't happened since why bring it up at all, if it isn't an issue. Don't blame others for not having all the facts when you don't bother to provide them. Your lack of logic is irritating me, so we're even.

SteveR750's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/03/2005 - 23:46
Posts: 3080
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

I simply made a throwaway comment to the OP as to why you might possibly want to not leave your phone logged into your email apps. It's ended up with your frankly offensive comments about my private life. You simply have no idea of my circumstances, no idea whatsoever, and circumstances which I do not want to share, let alone justify in any way to some on line borderline troll. Irritated? you betcha, in fact I am livid. Please give some thought before you pass comment and judgement and spoil yet another persons day; I really thought you had more courtesy. My bad.

I think that is a reasonably logical request, so please leave it at that ok.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Logging Out Of Hotmail

Hey Steve, it's just a forum, don't let things that peeps on here say bother you, especially The_lhc, everybody knows he's just a big bold baby troll  :grin:

Pages

Log in or register to post comments