Have your say & ask the experts!

Jellybean 4.1.2

14 replies [Last post]
John Duncan's picture

...brings landscape orientation to the home page \o/

Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6  |  751BD  |  651A  |  Diamond 9.1 | Minx Xi | Sonos Play:3

Moderator. mail: john.duncan.whf at the mail of g dot com

fr0g's picture
RE: Jellybean 4.1.2

John Duncan wrote:

So does using custom ROMS.... Smile

“Out beyond ideas of wrong and  right, there is a field.

I'll meet you there."

fr0g's picture

Although weirdly not my current one on the One X. (On Android revolution 10.5, Jellybean).

I'll meet you there."

grdunn123's picture

That sounds like a big step forward. Often wished I could use my S3 (and iPhone 4 before that) in landscape mode for homescreen - any idea when?

Samsung UE55F6510 LED TV, Pioneer SC-LX82, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Monitor Audio Radius 270 fronts, GSLCR centre. RXFX rears, Dali E12F Sub, Sky HD 1TB, Van Damme and QED cabling throughout,Xbox 360,Apple Ipad 3, LG G2 Smartphone

John Duncan's picture

Downloaded today on my nexus 7, works as described (though dock is on right rather than bottom as expected). Dunno if it works on phones though.

Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6  |  751BD  |  651A  |  Diamond 9.1 | Minx Xi | Sonos Play:3

John Duncan's picture

fr0g wrote:

John Duncan wrote:

Damn you Windows Android Squeezebox IT half a braincell geek you.

I don't really fancy rooting tbh, ever since I had a bricked Nexus phone...

fr0g's picture

John Duncan wrote:

fr0g wrote:

John Duncan wrote:

Damn you Windows Android Squeezebox IT half a braincell geek you. I don't really fancy rooting tbh, ever since I had a bricked Nexus phone...

You'd have to be pretty silly to brick it. And most "bricked" phones aren't. If you can turn it on it generally aint bricked.

and, "half a braincell"? Charmed Smile

I'll meet you there."

John Duncan's picture

It was bricked already by some stuff guy/girl playing with rooting and I could not get it to work no matter what I did.

I was ironically referring to the (misguided) opinion in some quarters that the aforementioned OSes/things need tertiary-qualified engineers to work them...

fr0g's picture

John Duncan wrote:
It was bricked already by some stuff guy/girl playing with rooting and I could not get it to work no matter what I did. I was ironically referring to the (misguided) opinion in some quarters that the aforementioned OSes/things need tertiary-qualified engineers to work them...

Ah. Indeed. Although I wouldn't recommend custom OS's to the average Apple user. (not counting your goodself as average of course)

I'll meet you there."

chebby's picture

fr0g wrote:
Ah. Indeed. Although I wouldn't recommend custom OS's to the average Apple user. (not counting your goodself as average of course)

You can count me if you like. I am already a pariah on so many levels now (ex Naim owner, passive speaker user, iPhone/AirPlay/iTunes user, BBC* viewer and Radio 4 listener, Dell user ... my 'sins' are endless!)

Heck, my system can even  play CDs.

I don't give a EDITED.

*I'll leave it to John to bless them.

Marantz M-CR603 • Rega R3 loudspeakers • AirPlay • Apple iPad Mini • Apple iPhone 5 • Apple iMac • Apple AirPort Extreme 802.11N • Humax HDR-Fox T2 • Panasonic TX-L32D25B • Sony BDP-S390

fr0g's picture

chebby wrote:

fr0g wrote:

You can count me if you like. I am already a pariah on so many levels now (ex Naim owner, passive speaker user, iPhone/AirPlay/iTunes user, BBC* viewer and Radio 4 listener, Dell user ... my 'sins' are endless!)

Heck, my system can even  play CDs.

I don't give a EDITED.

*I'll leave it to John to bless them.

hehe. 

It was more aimed at the same folk that JD was alluding to.

I have 3 pairs of passives, most in daily use. I have an old Dell XPS. I LOVE the BBC. And I just re-aranged all my CDs so I can spin a disk in my old Arcam from time to time. Not keen on Radio 4 and I use DLNA often rather than the proprietary version.

Either way the sort of person who is scared to use an Android because it's too complicated or thinks that a degree in nuclear physics is needed to operate a Squeezebox probably shouldn't try flashing custom ROMs.

I'll meet you there."

bigboss's picture

How did you you manage to get the update? My Nexus 7 is still on 4.1.1 with no updates available at this time.

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

John Duncan's picture

It just appeared in the notification bar at the top, and since it contained an upgrade I wanted I went with it (unlike my iPhone and iPad which remain iOS6-less...).

bigboss's picture

That's interesting, because I haven't received any notification yet, nor are any updates available. I'll give it another couple of days before considering this.

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

fr0g's picture

bigboss wrote:

That's interesting, because I haven't received any notification yet, nor are any updates available. I'll give it another couple of days before considering this.

You've more patience than I have!

I'll meet you there."