9 posts / 0 new
Last post
AnotherJoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2011 - 13:50
Posts: 773
HTC ONE X - great phone
English

My new HTC One X arrived this morning from Tesco Mobile and its very nice.

In fact I'm wondering how I used to manage with just a 4'' screen on my old HTC. This 4.7'' 720p screen is just fabulous, tried a BD rip just to test it and the video quality is the best I've ever seen - even better than on the PS Vita.

Already unlocked, and running a custom version of ICS - just waiting for it to resync my apps now...

 

 

Quite reasonable cost as well - for the best phone currently out there - £26/month with 300mins/unlimited texts/750MB data and free handset. I would have liked the white version, but the black version looks cool - dont even notice the bezel around the screen.

That quadcore CPU is fast - the browser is lightning fast - have download speed of around 6.5Mb/s (HSDPA) and get 920ms in sunspider with firefox if you like benchmarks, but the main feeling is that its just so fast, especially when switching between tasks using the 3d preview screen.

 

Battery seems ok so far considering that huge screen, left the 2hour bd rip running with full brightness and it had dropped to around 75%.

 

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: HTC ONE X - great phone

Just out of curiosity, what's the phone connection like when you're out and about???. I've got an HTC Desire on Vodafone and the signal\connection is starting to drive me nuts. It drops phone calls and connections in no time. I've even tested it against other makes of phones next to one another and they get a much better signal than I do. I like HTC's but it's no use if I can't make phone calls.

professorhat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 28/12/2007 - 11:34
Posts: 11026
RE: HTC ONE X - great phone

It does look like an impressive bit of kit - just a little too big for my preferences.

 

The owls are not what they seem...

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 12985
RE: HTC ONE X - great phone

Tartan Man wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what's the phone connection like when you're out and about???. I've got an HTC Desire on Vodafone and the signal\connection is starting to drive me nuts. It drops phone calls and connections in no time. I've even tested it against other makes of phones next to one another and they get a much better signal than I do. I like HTC's but it's no use if I can't make phone calls.

I've never had any problem with either of my HTC's, one of which was a Desire and that's on o2, who don't have the best coverage.

AnotherJoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2011 - 13:50
Posts: 773
RE: HTC ONE X - great phone

professorhat wrote:

It does look like an impressive bit of kit - just a little too big for my preferences.

 

I know what u mean. I was a bit dubious, but luckily it has almost no bezel, is only 9mm thin and being slightly curved means it fits quite nicely in the hand. I get full signal and high speed Hsdpa but then I'm in middle of Manchester. never had any problem with signal quality on orange/T-Mobile

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 13031
RE: HTC ONE X - great phone

I checked the phone today. Surprisingly, it felt very comfortable! The Galaxy S2 wasn't very comfortable.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: HTC ONE X - great phone

I'll have one next week, looking forward to it  Dirol

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: HTC ONE X - great phone

The_Lhc wrote:

Tartan Man wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what's the phone connection like when you're out and about???. I've got an HTC Desire on Vodafone and the signal\connection is starting to drive me nuts. It drops phone calls and connections in no time. I've even tested it against other makes of phones next to one another and they get a much better signal than I do. I like HTC's but it's no use if I can't make phone calls.

I've never had any problem with either of my HTC's, one of which was a Desire and that's on o2, who don't have the best coverage.

 

The problems with my HTC Desire has only really started to get worse in the last couple of months. Whether it's down to my phone or network I can't say for certain. My dad and younger sister both have exactly the same phone (HTC Sensation),stay in the same house,bought at the same time and my dad's phone is always losing it's coverage, even when both phones are sitting next to one another.

Sliced Bread's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 28/07/2010 - 14:46
Posts: 1508
RE: HTC ONE X - great phone

 

professorhat wrote:

It does look like an impressive bit of kit - just a little too big for my preferences.

 

It was a concern for me too, but I've had one for a few days now and it is less noticeable in the pocket than my desire.  it's a lot lighter and a bit thinner.  I think the shape helps too.

All is good so far.  I'm glad I waited and bought it instead of the xperia, which feels a little dated in comparison.

I won't be using the 14 Day money back guarantee Smile

Log in or register to post comments