Have your say & ask the experts!

WHF review Audioquest FLX-SLiP 14/4

8 replies [Last post]
TBPie's picture

Hi all, In the WHF review the Audioquest came very favourably against the other budget speaker cables and looks to have all the attributes I am looking for. Having looked at the speaker cable and the title (14/4) this cable looks to have 4 conductors as opposed to the usual two. Can the guys at WHF please confirm that it was the 14/4 that was tested, and was it tested in a Bi-Wire configuration.

Many thanks

Roksan Kandy Liii / Arcam CD73T / EB Accoustics EB1 / Systemdek IIX

AVOnline's picture
RE: WHF review Audioquest FLX-SLiP 14/4

Judging from the image it looks like it was terminated into two plugs, probably combining the two positive and two negative conductors I imagine. AudioQuest do also make a two conductor version of the FLX-SLiP.

John Anderson @Audiovisual Online

John_S's picture

What he said! Smile

Assistant Production Editor, What Hi-Fi? Sound And Vision

power123's picture

Excuse me, so is it true or not? Smile  Does it make sense to make 2 terminations from 4 conductors? Will it improve sound? Do you have instructions how to terminate 14/4 with 2 plugs? Thanks!

raines's picture

I am in the same boat....

Want to try it.

But for single wire is better the 14/4 connection 2 by 2 or the 14/2?

Will the 14/4 sound better 2 by 2 than using it as bi wire one plug to each strain?

help please:D

raines's picture

power123 wrote:

Excuse me, so is it true or not? Smile  Does it make sense to make 2 terminations from 4 conductors? Will it improve sound? Do you have instructions how to terminate 14/4 with 2 plugs? Thanks!

this:)  any thought?

peterpan's picture

A good cable, but i find the Wireworld Luna 6 speaercable better. More full bodied sound and sweet voices. Never shrill. Why not the Luna 6 speakercable of the year?

ellisdj's picture

Wiring it 2-2 but using 4 runs is basically biwiring

I think that is likely the main attributor to it being the better cable - I reckon that gives it the edge in clarity that they say it has over the others

Not heard just commenting

I do know of an amazing Speaker Cable that has just come out - its far more expensive that this but its quite exceptional for the money.

More on this coming soon when I have the time

Meridian G61R, HD621, Bryston 9BSST

Optimised Audio PC - J River / JPlay / Custom Full Linear Power Supply

Panasonic 65VT65, Marantz UD7007, HIFi Racks Podium Reference

Monitor Audio GX100, GXC150, GXFX, BK XLS400 (set with hard knee house curve)

JCAT USB and Sata, Graham Slee Spatia (SC) Graham Slee Lautus Digital / Analogue IC x 9

john_caius's picture

Sorry, but can I check if the Audioquest FLX-SLiP 14/4 is effectively bi-wired or not, when using in a 2-2 configuration?

The reason I ask is that I'm keen on the MA BX2s, and WHF forbids me from bi-wiring them, yet the AQ cable sounds perfect.

Muchos gracias.