42 posts / 0 new
Last post
iceman16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 08/02/2011 - 12:55
Posts: 717
RE: Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

Ok..first impression was that the HFT supreme fuse really makes a difference to the sound compare to the stock fuse BUT not in a way I like it. Yes it's definitely more detailed and bass really tighten up and more vibrant if its the right word. But the overall presentation became a bit "dry" and loss fluidity and naturalness . Swapped these fuses several times and I heard same results. Its like the fuse version of Black Ravioli isolation pad when I used under the cdp. This will be sent back to the dealer for full refund NOT for the reason I did'nt hear a difference but for the sound which I did'nt like.

Main system: MF AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT cables

Bedroom: Laptop / Chord gem / Rega Brio-r / KEF ls50 / TQ black / Sennheiser momentum  / Qobuz

 

 

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 55 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12062
RE: Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

iceman16 wrote:

This will be sent back to the dealer for full refund NOT for the reason I did'nt hear a difference but for the sound which I did'nt like.

I wonder what happened to the expectation bias / placebo effect?  Wink

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

altruistic.lemon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 25/07/2011 - 09:18
Posts: 1865
RE: Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

Expectation bias is believing there will be a difference. Therefore, criteria met.

iceman16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 08/02/2011 - 12:55
Posts: 717
RE: Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

To be fair Cno..these fuses got some great reviews on the net and many are happy with them.  But IMHO thats not the case, these may be system dependent and subjective to the listener. Unfortunately they did'nt work for me and I won't use them even if they will give to me for free;)

Main system: MF AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT cables

Bedroom: Laptop / Chord gem / Rega Brio-r / KEF ls50 / TQ black / Sennheiser momentum  / Qobuz

 

 

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 55 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12062
RE: Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

altruistic.lemon wrote:

Expectation bias is believing there will be a difference. Therefore, criteria met.

IMO. The expectation (if there even was one), was likely to be that the sound would be improved, otherwise what was the point......so criteria not met.

Placebo should have made it sound better, as it was expensive (for a fuse).

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 55 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12062
RE: Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

iceman16 wrote:

To be fair Cno..these fuses got some great reviews on the net and many are happy with them.  But IMHO thats not the case, these may be system dependent and subjective to the listener. Unfortunately they did'nt work for me and I won't use them even if they will give to me for free;)

It was a facetious remark.........I believe that we are perfectly able to assess the effect of something like this. I reject far more than I go with, yet when I do go with something, I'm told that it's all in my head (apparently not the case when I reject it).

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

altruistic.lemon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 25/07/2011 - 09:18
Posts: 1865
RE: Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

CnoEvil wrote:

altruistic.lemon wrote:

Expectation bias is believing there will be a difference. Therefore, criteria met.

IMO. The expectation (if there even was one), was likely to be that the sound would be improved, otherwise what was the point......so criteria not met.

Placebo should have made it sound better, as it was expensive (for a fuse).

No, it is as I said. The expectation is believing there is a difference. Whether the difference is good or bad doesn't come into it. Plenty of info on the internet if you want to check.

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 55 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12062
RE: Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

altruistic.lemon wrote:

No, it is as I said. The expectation is believing there is a difference. Whether the difference is good or bad doesn't come into it. Plenty of info on the internet if you want to check.

Surely it's when there is a bias towards a result that is expected by the person experimenting......so if that expectation is an improvement in sound, then that's what it is (in that particular case).

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

altruistic.lemon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 25/07/2011 - 09:18
Posts: 1865
RE: Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

Cno, not being harsh, but I think that's called denial. You win some, you lose some, that's life. Luckily in Oz we don't have fuses like here, so it doesn't come into it.

altruistic.lemon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 25/07/2011 - 09:18
Posts: 1865
RE: Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

What is wrong with this forum today? Double posts nearly all the time!

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 55 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12062
RE: Hi-Fi tuning extreme fuses, any thoughts?

altruistic.lemon wrote:

Cno, not being harsh, but I think that's called denial. You win some, you lose some, that's life. Luckily in Oz we don't have fuses like here, so it doesn't come into it.

I'm not arguing about fuses, but definitions.....

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Pages

Log in or register to post comments