Have your say & ask the experts!

New Members Required

41 replies [Last post]
The_Lhc's picture
Online
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12621
RE: New Members Required RE: New Members Required

cloverleaf146 wrote:
Unfortunately there are some members on the "sensitive" side, who rather ironically feel they should be able to ethnically cleanse all those other members whose views they disagree with.

You mean like jjbomber who ran off because someone said something uncomplimentary about Margaret?

Alec's picture
Offline
Joined: 8 Oct 2007
Posts: 5898
RE: New Members Required RE: New Members Required

Is it possible to be uncomplimentary about Margaret? Dig dong!

What?!

__________________

Formerly known as al7478...

HC: Panasonic PXP 42 V20; Panasonic DMP BD35; Humax Foxsat-HDR

Music: Optical out from Asus P7H55-M Motherboard into AVI ADM 9.1 speakers.

"Music will provide the light you cannot resist"

cloverleaf146's picture
Offline
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 170
RE: RE:

The_Lhc wrote:

cloverleaf146 wrote:
Unfortunately there are some members on the "sensitive" side, who rather ironically feel they should be able to ethnically cleanse all those other members whose views they disagree with.

You mean like jjbomber who ran off because someone said something uncomplimentary about Margaret?

 

I would count that more as a dignified withdrawal.

What he didn't do, to the best of my knowledge, was to publicly call for named members to be banned or he would threaten to leave.

[Edited by mods - please do not insult other members, or use profanity]

__________________

Panasonic VT50B / Pioneer VSX- LX55 / SKY+ HD 2TB / Sony BD370 / Tannoy Arena 5.1 / Dual CS506 / Isotek MIRA / QED Cables

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11577
RE:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

cloverleaf146 wrote:
Unfortunately there are some members on the "sensitive" side, who rather ironically feel they should be able to ethnically cleanse all those other members whose views they disagree with.

You mean like jjbomber who ran off because someone said something uncomplimentary about Margaret?

 

I would count that more as a dignified withdrawal.

What he didn't do, to the best of my knowledge, was to publicly call for named members to be banned or he would threaten to leave.

 

 

Who are you talking about other than BBB?  Ben or Strapped?

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

cloverleaf146's picture
Offline
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 170
RE:

gel wrote:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

cloverleaf146 wrote:
Unfortunately there are some members on the "sensitive" side, who rather ironically feel they should be able to ethnically cleanse all those other members whose views they disagree with.

You mean like jjbomber who ran off because someone said something uncomplimentary about Margaret?

 

I would count that more as a dignified withdrawal.

What he didn't do, to the best of my knowledge, was to publicly call for named members to be banned or he would threaten to leave.

 

 

Who are you talking about other than BBB?  Ben or Strapped?

[edited by mods - again, for insulting other members and profanity. Please can everyone - and we mean everyone - calm down. Thanks! This is hardly the way to encourage new members...]

__________________

Panasonic VT50B / Pioneer VSX- LX55 / SKY+ HD 2TB / Sony BD370 / Tannoy Arena 5.1 / Dual CS506 / Isotek MIRA / QED Cables

Alec's picture
Offline
Joined: 8 Oct 2007
Posts: 5898
RE:

Awww! Personally, I hope he does this again and again, or that several more people threaten to leave if he stays.

__________________

Formerly known as al7478...

HC: Panasonic PXP 42 V20; Panasonic DMP BD35; Humax Foxsat-HDR

Music: Optical out from Asus P7H55-M Motherboard into AVI ADM 9.1 speakers.

"Music will provide the light you cannot resist"

John Duncan's picture
Online
Joined: 8 Jan 2008
Posts: 22633
RE:

"Where there is discord, may we find harmony"

In other words, cloverleaf146, any more EDITED from you and you're out.

I read The Times, btw.

__________________

Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6  |  751BD  |  651A  |  Diamond 9.1 | Minx Xi | Sonos Play:3

Moderator. mail: john.duncan.whf at the mail of g dot com

Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 4750
RE:

Mods. This forum really isn't a pleasant place to post anymore.

I'm not going (again), but I was wondering how much longer some of us have to suffer personal attacks before you decide enough is enough?

I won't engage in any kind of argument with him, despite the personal attacks, but others seem to keep feeding him, and the enjoyment of this forum is decreasing by the day for myself, and I'm guessing many others.

Ben seems to have gone, Strapped has definitely gone, and I suppose it won't be long before many others also leave.

 

__________________

LOUNGE:  Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Dali Zensor 3 (front) / Dali Zensor Vokal (centre) / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition (rear) / Q Acoustics1000Si (sub) / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM20 Cartridge / Sky HD / WD My Book Live 2TB / Seagate Expansion 2TB / Nintendo Wii / Tacima CS-929 

BEDROOM:  Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001

Joined: 2 Sep 2007
Posts: 1767
RE:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Mods. This forum really isn't a pleasant place to post anymore.

I'm not going (again), but I was wondering how much longer some of us have to suffer personal attacks before you decide enough is enough?

I won't engage in any kind of argument with him, despite the personal attacks, but others seem to keep feeding him, and the enjoyment of this forum is decreasing by the day for myself, and I'm guessing many others.

Ben seems to have gone, Strapped has definitely gone, and I suppose it won't be long before many others also leave.

 

 

BBB, I surmise you're not the kind of bloke to fish for compliments and niceties but you've got to stay here. You've got musical taste*, my friend. 

 

* as in, some of it co-incides with mine!!!

__________________

Roksan Caspian Pre amp, Caspian Mono Power amp x 2, NAD M51 DAC, B&W 805 Signature, Roksan Radius turntable, Denon-1713UD, MF phono & headphone amps, PS3, Mac/AE/Apple TV

John Duncan's picture
Online
Joined: 8 Jan 2008
Posts: 22633
RE:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Mods. This forum really isn't a pleasant place to post anymore.

I'm not going (again), but I was wondering how much longer some of us have to suffer personal attacks before you decide enough is enough?

I won't engage in any kind of argument with him, despite the personal attacks, but others seem to keep feeding him, and the enjoyment of this forum is decreasing by the day for myself, and I'm guessing many others.

Ben seems to have gone, Strapped has definitely gone, and I suppose it won't be long before many others also leave.

 

Did you read my post?

__________________

Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6  |  751BD  |  651A  |  Diamond 9.1 | Minx Xi | Sonos Play:3

Moderator. mail: john.duncan.whf at the mail of g dot com

Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 4750
RE:

Charlie Jefferson wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Mods. This forum really isn't a pleasant place to post anymore.

I'm not going (again), but I was wondering how much longer some of us have to suffer personal attacks before you decide enough is enough?

I won't engage in any kind of argument with him, despite the personal attacks, but others seem to keep feeding him, and the enjoyment of this forum is decreasing by the day for myself, and I'm guessing many others.

Ben seems to have gone, Strapped has definitely gone, and I suppose it won't be long before many others also leave.

 

 

BBB, I surmise you're not the kind of bloke to fish for compliments and niceties but you've got to stay here. You've got musical taste*, my friend. 

 

* as in, some of it co-incides with mine!!!

You're wrong Charlie, I'm an absolute tart. :grin:

I like your ideas on music too Charlie, so much so, that I asked my mate (who also shares your good taste) from Leeds if he knew you.

A long shot I know, but you'll never guess what.........he's never heard of you. :grin:

I'm not going yet Charlie, but when all of the enjoyment has gone, why stay? Let's see...

 

__________________

LOUNGE:  Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Dali Zensor 3 (front) / Dali Zensor Vokal (centre) / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition (rear) / Q Acoustics1000Si (sub) / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM20 Cartridge / Sky HD / WD My Book Live 2TB / Seagate Expansion 2TB / Nintendo Wii / Tacima CS-929 

BEDROOM:  Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001

The_Lhc's picture
Online
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12621
RE: RE:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

cloverleaf146 wrote:
Unfortunately there are some members on the "sensitive" side, who rather ironically feel they should be able to ethnically cleanse all those other members whose views they disagree with.

You mean like jjbomber who ran off because someone said something uncomplimentary about Margaret?

I would count that more as a dignified withdrawal.

I wasn't expecting you to agree with me...

Joined: 2 Sep 2007
Posts: 1767
RE:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Charlie Jefferson wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Mods. This forum really isn't a pleasant place to post anymore.

I'm not going (again), but I was wondering how much longer some of us have to suffer personal attacks before you decide enough is enough?

I won't engage in any kind of argument with him, despite the personal attacks, but others seem to keep feeding him, and the enjoyment of this forum is decreasing by the day for myself, and I'm guessing many others.

Ben seems to have gone, Strapped has definitely gone, and I suppose it won't be long before many others also leave.

 

 

BBB, I surmise you're not the kind of bloke to fish for compliments and niceties but you've got to stay here. You've got musical taste*, my friend. 

 

* as in, some of it co-incides with mine!!!

You're wrong Charlie, I'm an absolute tart. :grin:

I like your ideas on music too Charlie, so much so, that I asked my mate (who also shares your good taste) from Leeds if he knew you.

A long shot I know, but you'll never guess what.........he's never heard of you. :grin:

I'm not going yet Charlie, but when all of the enjoyment has gone, why stay? Let's see...

 

 

Glad to hear you're hanging around, at least for a little while longer, you old dilettante!!

As for your long shot, I'm currently a denizen of Wakefield near Leeds. And my online name, like your own I presume, is slightly different to my real one. As my wife often says, I'm not really worth knowing. I'm sure she loves me really. 

Keep the pithy comments coming and the cool music mentions  

 

__________________

Roksan Caspian Pre amp, Caspian Mono Power amp x 2, NAD M51 DAC, B&W 805 Signature, Roksan Radius turntable, Denon-1713UD, MF phono & headphone amps, PS3, Mac/AE/Apple TV

Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 4750
RE:

John Duncan wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Mods. This forum really isn't a pleasant place to post anymore.

I'm not going (again), but I was wondering how much longer some of us have to suffer personal attacks before you decide enough is enough?

I won't engage in any kind of argument with him, despite the personal attacks, but others seem to keep feeding him, and the enjoyment of this forum is decreasing by the day for myself, and I'm guessing many others.

Ben seems to have gone, Strapped has definitely gone, and I suppose it won't be long before many others also leave.

 

Did you read my post?

Yes John.

But it seems to me a case of (still not quite) closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

__________________

LOUNGE:  Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Dali Zensor 3 (front) / Dali Zensor Vokal (centre) / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition (rear) / Q Acoustics1000Si (sub) / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM20 Cartridge / Sky HD / WD My Book Live 2TB / Seagate Expansion 2TB / Nintendo Wii / Tacima CS-929 

BEDROOM:  Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001

Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 4750
RE:

Charlie Jefferson wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Charlie Jefferson wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Mods. This forum really isn't a pleasant place to post anymore.

I'm not going (again), but I was wondering how much longer some of us have to suffer personal attacks before you decide enough is enough?

I won't engage in any kind of argument with him, despite the personal attacks, but others seem to keep feeding him, and the enjoyment of this forum is decreasing by the day for myself, and I'm guessing many others.

Ben seems to have gone, Strapped has definitely gone, and I suppose it won't be long before many others also leave.

 

 

BBB, I surmise you're not the kind of bloke to fish for compliments and niceties but you've got to stay here. You've got musical taste*, my friend. 

 

* as in, some of it co-incides with mine!!!

You're wrong Charlie, I'm an absolute tart. :grin:

I like your ideas on music too Charlie, so much so, that I asked my mate (who also shares your good taste) from Leeds if he knew you.

A long shot I know, but you'll never guess what.........he's never heard of you. :grin:

I'm not going yet Charlie, but when all of the enjoyment has gone, why stay? Let's see...

 

 

Glad to hear you're hanging around, at least for a little while longer, you old dilettante!!

As for your long shot, I'm currently a denizen of Wakefield near Leeds. And my online name, like your own I presume, is slightly different to my real one. As my wife often says, I'm not really worth knowing. I'm sure she loves me really. 

Keep the pithy comments coming and the cool music mentions  

 

I had to look dilettante up (and denizen). :)

  1. A person who claims an area of interest, such as the arts, without real commitment or knowledge.
  2. A person with an amateur interest in the arts.

1 or 2 Charlie? 

__________________

LOUNGE:  Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Dali Zensor 3 (front) / Dali Zensor Vokal (centre) / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition (rear) / Q Acoustics1000Si (sub) / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM20 Cartridge / Sky HD / WD My Book Live 2TB / Seagate Expansion 2TB / Nintendo Wii / Tacima CS-929 

BEDROOM:  Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001