Have your say & ask the experts!

Forum meet-up at WHF Towers

54 replies [Last post]
manicm's picture
Offline
Joined: 1 May 2008
Posts: 2669
RE: Forum meet-up at WHF Towers

CnoEvil wrote:

Maybe they were all double blind and couldn't find the way there.

Stirrer excellent!

__________________

Arcam Solo Mini/Monitor Audio RX1/Cambridge Audio 751BD/Samsung 37” LCD

Big Chris's picture
Offline
Joined: 3 Apr 2008
Posts: 5492
RE: Forum meet-up at WHF Towers

I'm up for coming back down again at some point. Haven't been on here much as new job has me working loooong hours. Crying

2 p.m seems a bit late though. What about 11 at the pub then a slow stagger  over to Haymarket for 2?

__________________

Hi-Fi: Arcam A85, P85, CD192. B&W 602S3, PV1, Grado SR125, Atlas Titan, Hyper 2.0.

A/V: Sony KDL-V40A12U, BDP-S760, Humax Youview, Onkyo TX-SR875, B&W MT30 7.1, QED HDMI-P, S.A XT

Andy Clough's picture
Offline
Joined: 27 Apr 2004
Posts: 5707
RE: Forum meet-up at WHF Towers

John Duncan wrote:
I think it was either postponed or they pretended it was so that I wouldn't come.

Sadly JD you were the only one who took us up on the offer Crying But Big Chris has volunteered, so we need a few more now...

__________________

Andy Clough is Editor-in-Chief of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and whathifi.com

Twitter @AndrewClough

Google+ Andy Clough

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11496
RE: Forum meet-up at WHF Towers

Andy Clough wrote:

John Duncan wrote:
I think it was either postponed or they pretended it was so that I wouldn't come.

Sadly JD you were the only one who took us up on the offer Crying But Big Chris has volunteered, so we need a few more now...

 

I am in, but I need a lift  hello or goodbye  I am currently not allowed to drive.  Buckinghamshire area, and will chip in for petrol - cheers!  Smile

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 4722
RE: Forum meet-up at WHF Towers

gel wrote:

Andy Clough wrote:

John Duncan wrote:
I think it was either postponed or they pretended it was so that I wouldn't come.

Sadly JD you were the only one who took us up on the offer Crying But Big Chris has volunteered, so we need a few more now...

 

I am in, but I need a lift  hello or goodbye  I am currently not allowed to drive.  Buckinghamshire area, and will chip in for petrol - cheers!  Smile

How about using the train gel? Go to either London Midland or Virgin's websites, and you can get some very cheap return tickets if you book in advance, and they even discount travelcards for your journeys once in London. 

__________________

LOUNGE:  Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Dali Zensor 3 (front) / Dali Zensor Vokal (centre) / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition (rear) / Q Acoustics1000Si (sub) / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM20 Cartridge / Sky HD / WD My Book Live 2TB / Seagate Expansion 2TB / Nintendo Wii / Tacima CS-929 

BEDROOM:  Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11496
RE: Forum meet-up at WHF Towers

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel wrote:

Andy Clough wrote:

John Duncan wrote:
I think it was either postponed or they pretended it was so that I wouldn't come.

Sadly JD you were the only one who took us up on the offer Crying But Big Chris has volunteered, so we need a few more now...

 

I am in, but I need a lift  hello or goodbye  I am currently not allowed to drive.  Buckinghamshire area, and will chip in for petrol - cheers!  Smile

How about using the train gel? Go to either London Midland or Virgin's websites, and you can get some very cheap return tickets if you book in advance, and they even discount travelcards for your journeys once in London. 

 

I looked at that option once before on here, and decided it was too far to get there and too much hassle.  It is quite far from Euston.

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

professorhat's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 11011
RE: Forum meet-up at WHF Towers

But then you use something called the Underground to get to London Waterloo and then another train takes you straight to Teddington. Your ticket would cover the whole journey, so you don't have to get separate tickets for this.

It's all very simple I assure you Smile

Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 4722
RE: Forum meet-up at WHF Towers

Some of the trains from MK go to Clapham Junction, Teddington is easy from there.

__________________

LOUNGE:  Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Dali Zensor 3 (front) / Dali Zensor Vokal (centre) / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition (rear) / Q Acoustics1000Si (sub) / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM20 Cartridge / Sky HD / WD My Book Live 2TB / Seagate Expansion 2TB / Nintendo Wii / Tacima CS-929 

BEDROOM:  Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11496
RE: Forum meet-up at WHF Towers

Cheers guys.  I will have another look into it.  Cheers.  Smile

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.