12 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13234
Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews
English

Hi

 

Is WHF planning on reviewing the Oppo 103d?  Or any other Oppo Blu-Ray player like the 105 or have you given up with them now?

 

:cheers:

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 13010
RE: Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews

gel wrote:
Is WHF planning on reviewing the Oppo 103d?  Or any other Oppo Blu-Ray player like the 105 or have you given up with them now?

For crying out loud Gel, you know better than anyone that WHF only review what they're sent. If no representative or distributor of Oppo sends them the blu-ray players they won't get reviewed, it's that simple.

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13234
RE: Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:
Is WHF planning on reviewing the Oppo 103d?  Or any other Oppo Blu-Ray player like the 105 or have you given up with them now?

For crying out loud Gel, you know better than anyone that WHF only review what they're sent. If no representative or distributor of Oppo sends them the blu-ray players they won't get reviewed, it's that simple.

 

Sometimes they buy them, although I am not sure buying a Blu-Ray player is worth it?  :?

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 13010
RE: Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews

gel wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:
Is WHF planning on reviewing the Oppo 103d?  Or any other Oppo Blu-Ray player like the 105 or have you given up with them now?

For crying out loud Gel, you know better than anyone that WHF only review what they're sent. If no representative or distributor of Oppo sends them the blu-ray players they won't get reviewed, it's that simple.

 

Sometimes they buy them, although I am not sure buying a Blu-Ray player is worth it?  :?

Doubt it, especially not when you know the entire internet will erupt when they only give it 4 stars...

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16308
RE: Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:
Is WHF planning on reviewing the Oppo 103d?  Or any other Oppo Blu-Ray player like the 105 or have you given up with them now?

For crying out loud Gel, you know better than anyone that WHF only review what they're sent. If no representative or distributor of Oppo sends them the blu-ray players they won't get reviewed, it's that simple.

 

Sometimes they buy them, although I am not sure buying a Blu-Ray player is worth it?  :?

Doubt it, especially not when you know the entire internet will erupt when they only give it 4 stars...

Or 3 ...

http://www.whathifi.com/review/oppo-bdp-103eu

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13234
RE: Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:
Is WHF planning on reviewing the Oppo 103d?  Or any other Oppo Blu-Ray player like the 105 or have you given up with them now?

For crying out loud Gel, you know better than anyone that WHF only review what they're sent. If no representative or distributor of Oppo sends them the blu-ray players they won't get reviewed, it's that simple.

 

Sometimes they buy them, although I am not sure buying a Blu-Ray player is worth it?  :?

Doubt it, especially not when you know the entire internet will erupt when they only give it 4 stars...

 

It is a funny time though.   :grin:  Although WHF were right when they said it was no better than the Pioneer they had reviewed cheaper, so from a certain point of view it was right.  Although other Blu-Ray players should be perhaps judge on the same basis, but WHF like to give marks to sound quality from a player and that is where I think it muddies the water though.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

strapped for cash's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 17/08/2009 - 20:56
Posts: 4543
RE: Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews

gel wrote:

that is where I think it muddies the water though.

Oppo BDPs also add value with regard to upscaling, though this is perhaps of little interest to many. (Oppo and CA use the same Marvell Qdeo processing. I bought my CA BDP on this basis, since I still have quite a few films on DVD that may never see a BD release.)

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13234
RE: Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews

strapped for cash wrote:

gel wrote:

that is where I think it muddies the water though.

Oppo BDPs also add value with regard to upscaling, though this is perhaps of little interest to many. (Oppo and CA use the same Marvell Qdeo processing. I bought my CA BDP on this basis, since I still have quite a few films on DVD that may never see a BD release.)

 

I didn't see any difference with the current crop of Blu-Ray players I have just tested with DVD, just like Blu-Ray.  My Pioneer also plays them just as good.  The Marantz must have scored good with WHF with features and sound to get the 5 stars.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

strapped for cash's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 17/08/2009 - 20:56
Posts: 4543
RE: Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews

I tested the CA's upscaling with a range of DVDs, against a Denon 2500BT and Panasonic BDT100.

After some experimentation and careful viewing, I concluded that the CA was the best of the three in this regard. The other two BDPs did a decent enough job, though blurred out some detail by comparison.

The differences weren't night and day, however. If I hadn't got the CA for a good price, with a free five year warranty, I'm not sure I'd have kept it.

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13234
RE: Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews

strapped for cash wrote:

I tested the CA's upscaling with a range of DVDs, against a Denon 2500BT and Panasonic BDT100.

After some experimentation and careful viewing, I concluded that the CA was the best of the three in this regard. The other two BDPs did a decent enough job, though blurred out some detail by comparison.

The differences weren't night and day, however. If I hadn't got the CA for a good price, with a free five year warranty, I'm not sure I'd have kept it.

 

Yep.  

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

theflyingwasp's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 26/02/2013 - 21:33
Posts: 639
RE: Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:
Is WHF planning on reviewing the Oppo 103d?  Or any other Oppo Blu-Ray player like the 105 or have you given up with them now?

For crying out loud Gel, you know better than anyone that WHF only review what they're sent. If no representative or distributor of Oppo sends them the blu-ray players they won't get reviewed, it's that simple.

 

Sometimes they buy them, although I am not sure buying a Blu-Ray player is worth it?  :?

Doubt it, especially not when you know the entire internet will erupt when they only give it 4 stars...

 

ROFL excellent! 

musical0111's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/09/2012 - 13:11
Posts: 87
RE: Oppo Blu-Ray Players Reviews

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:
Is WHF planning on reviewing the Oppo 103d?  Or any other Oppo Blu-Ray player like the 105 or have you given up with them now?

For crying out loud Gel, you know better than anyone that WHF only review what they're sent. If no representative or distributor of Oppo sends them the blu-ray players they won't get reviewed, it's that simple.

hello  ma man, you sure do come over as a grumpy old man,always moanin about something or anything  why dont you listen to some
tranquill music and chill out man.
Log in or register to post comments