20 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12843
Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Hi

Yeah, like the title I was just wondering how things are going?  Is the mag and website still doing okay?  Are there any good future plans in place or being considered?  What do you see the future as being? Any additional mags are going to be released?

Cheers!

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Andy Clough's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 31 min ago
Joined: 27/04/2004 - 16:13
Posts: 6670
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Well the mag and website are going great guns, thanks for asking Gel. We're unlikely to launch another print product at this stage, but we are right in the thick of developing the new website, which is currently in Beta. Lots of testing of the new site going on, and we hope to share it with members of the What Hi-Fi? Club in the not too distant future for some user testing.

Editor-in-Chief of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and whathifi.com

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 54 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 15900
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Andy Clough wrote:

Well the mag and website are going great guns, thanks for asking Gel. We're unlikely to launch another print product at this stage, but we are right in the thick of developing the new website, which is currently in Beta. Lots of testing of the new site going on, and we hope to share it with members of the What Hi-Fi? Club in the not too distant future for some user testing.

Who are the What Hi-fi? Club?

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

Big Aura's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 13/10/2008 - 19:38
Posts: 2438
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Chebby, old boy, if you have to ask........

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12843
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Andy Clough wrote:

Well the mag and website are going great guns, thanks for asking Gel. We're unlikely to launch another print product at this stage, but we are right in the thick of developing the new website, which is currently in Beta. Lots of testing of the new site going on, and we hope to share it with members of the What Hi-Fi? Club in the not too distant future for some user testing.

 

:cheers:   Sounds great, cheers!  

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 22993
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Big Aura wrote:

Chebby, old boy, if you have to ask........

I'm with Groucho Marx on this one...

Andy Clough's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 31 min ago
Joined: 27/04/2004 - 16:13
Posts: 6670
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

chebby wrote:

Who are the What Hi-fi? Club?

We invited visitors to the Bristol Show and Gadget Show to join the newly formed WHF? Club - by signing up, they got a free digital issue of the mag and the chance to become beta testers and approved user reviewers on the new website. We have around 350 members so far.

Editor-in-Chief of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and whathifi.com

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12843
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Andy Clough wrote:

chebby wrote:

Who are the What Hi-fi? Club?

We invited visitors to the Bristol Show and Gadget Show to join the newly formed WHF? Club - by signing up, they got a free digital issue of the mag and the chance to become beta testers and approved user reviewers on the new website. We have around 350 members so far.

 

Can I join?   Smile

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 54 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 15900
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Andy Clough wrote:

... approved user reviewers on the new website.

That should be interesting.

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

Andy Clough's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 31 min ago
Joined: 27/04/2004 - 16:13
Posts: 6670
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

User reviews are now commonplace on the web. Although you can provide comments on reviews on the current site, the new one will have a proper form to fill in and users will be able to add their own % rating for products they own. We will never be able to test every product in the market, so user reviews are a useful way of building up coverage on those products we haven't tested, as well as those we have.

Editor-in-Chief of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and whathifi.com

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 12881
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Andy Clough wrote:

chebby wrote:

Who are the What Hi-fi? Club?

We invited visitors to the Bristol Show and Gadget Show to join the newly formed WHF? Club - by signing up, they got a free digital issue of the mag and the chance to become beta testers and approved user reviewers on the new website. We have around 350 members so far.

Typical, the first one I've missed in eight years!  |(

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12843
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Andy Clough wrote:

User reviews are now commonplace on the web. Although you can provide comments on reviews on the current site, the new one will have a proper form to fill in and users will be able to add their own % rating for products they own. We will never be able to test every product in the market, so user reviews are a useful way of building up coverage on those products we haven't tested, as well as those we have.

 

Do we have to sign up to join?  

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Andy Clough's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 31 min ago
Joined: 27/04/2004 - 16:13
Posts: 6670
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Yes you do. Please email us at whathifi@haymarket.com if you'd like to become a member of the What Hi-Fi? Club. We will need your email, a contact phone number, address and postcode please, as well as a (brief) list of the hi-fi or home cinema kit you currently own.

Your personal information will only be used as set out in Haymarket Media Group's privacy policy.

Editor-in-Chief of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and whathifi.com

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12843
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Cheers Andy.   :cheers:

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

spiny norman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 14/01/2009 - 12:49
Posts: 958
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

Andy Clough wrote:
Your personal information will only be used as set out in Haymarket Media Group's privacy policy.

S'OK: most of gel's personal information (where he lives, what he looks like, PIN numbers, inside leg measurement, penchant for man-bags, etc) is a matter of online public record already Wink

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12843
RE: Just wondering how WHF the website and mag was doing?

spiny norman wrote:

Andy Clough wrote:
Your personal information will only be used as set out in Haymarket Media Group's privacy policy.

S'OK: most of gel's personal information (where he lives, what he looks like, PIN numbers, inside leg measurement, penchant for man-bags, etc) is a matter of online public record already Wink

 

I don't like man-bags!   :grin:

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments