30 posts / 0 new
Last post
camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 213
New Blu Ray Player Required.
English

I`m thinking about finaly retiring my Denon 2500bt . :cry:
The loading times are starting to get to me. :mad:

I currently have a Sony 55HX853, Sony STR-DA5400 av receiver and Miller & Kreisel LCR750 fronts with Miller & Kreisel 55 Tripole rears & Monitor Audio Sub.

Now i want to replace the Denon, but what with ?
It will need to have dual hdmi outs for 3D capability.
I am looking at no more £650.
But am I wasting my money spending that amount considering the rest of my system ?

Any Pointers welcome.

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13734
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

camac wrote:

I`m thinking about finaly retiring my Denon 2500bt . The loading times are starting to get to me. I currently have a Sony 55HX853, Sony STR-DA5400 av receiver and Miller & Kreisel LCR750 fronts with Miller & Kreisel 55 Tripole rears . Monitor Audio Sub. Now i want to replace the Denon, but what with ? It will need to have dual hdmi outs. I am looking at no more £650. But am I wasting my money spending that amount considering the rest of my system ? Any Pointers welcome.

 

Oppo 103 or 103d would be my first choices.  

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 213
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

`

camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 213
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

`

camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 213
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

Thanks Gel.

 

I was looking at  Denon DBT3313 or  Marantz UD 7007 would they be overkill ?

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23081
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

See if you can still find a 751BD. I think there are still a few going round in Richers for £400 (they were £800 originally I think). As good as it gets at everything, and has the twin HDMIs you need.

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com
Kit in state of flux

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 51 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 13529
Considering the rest of your

Considering the rest of your system, you could even go for a Panasonic BDT500. Just get your Sony to decode audio. Apart from build quality, I'll be surprised if you notice any other difference.

Otherwise, you can't go wrong with Denon 3313UD, Oppo 103, Marantz UD7007 or CA 751 / 752BD.

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13734
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

camac wrote:

Thanks Gel.

 

I was looking at  Denon DBT3313 or  Marantz UD 7007 would they be overkill ?

 

Not an overkill just a waste of money, no need to spend more than the Oppo, you are not going to gain anything.  

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 213
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

gel wrote:

camac wrote:

Thanks Gel.

 

I was looking at  Denon DBT3313 or  Marantz UD 7007 would they be overkill ?

 

Not an overkill just a waste of money, no need to spend more than the Oppo, you are not going to gain anything.  

Reasons I should go with the Oppo ?

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13734
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

camac wrote:

gel wrote:

camac wrote:

Thanks Gel.

 

I was looking at  Denon DBT3313 or  Marantz UD 7007 would they be overkill ?

 

Not an overkill just a waste of money, no need to spend more than the Oppo, you are not going to gain anything.  

Reasons I should go with the Oppo ?

 

1.  You are not going to get better.

2.  This is what the image looks like:

www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/pictures-and-videos-of-a-panasonic-50vt65

 

3.  It ticks all the boxes for what you want.

4.  Operation is very good.

5.  Reliable and very good quality.

6.  Cheaper than most high end Blu-ray players.

7.  Buy from Frank Harvey and ask for a forum discount.   Wink

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

emperor's new clothes's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 days ago
Joined: 28/05/2013 - 20:03
Posts: 120
IMHO, it depends on intended

IMHO, it depends on intended usage. Buy a Universal Disc player if you intend to play CDs, SADC, BluRay music or stream Netflix/Youtube. The UD7007 fills all of these roles with aplomb and worth every penny of circa £600 cost. OPPOs also excellent but to my ears somewhat brighter analogue output for music if that is an issue.

camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 213
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

John Duncan wrote:
See if you can still find a 751BD. I think there are still a few going round in Richers for £400 (they were £800 originally I think). As good as it gets at everything, and has the twin HDMIs you need.

 

The only 751bd`s left are miles away geographically.

So that`s off my list.

 

Looks like it`s going to be the UD7007.

 

  I love the build quality of my Denon and the Marantz has a very similar  build quality as well as outstanding ability if all the reviews and "ellisdj" are correct.

 

Thanks for all the input from everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13734
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

camac wrote:

John Duncan wrote:
See if you can still find a 751BD. I think there are still a few going round in Richers for £400 (they were £800 originally I think). As good as it gets at everything, and has the twin HDMIs you need.

 

The only 751bd`s left are miles away geographically.

So that`s off my list.

 

Looks like it`s going to be the UD7007.

 

  I love the build quality of my Denon and the Marantz has a very similar  build quality as well as outstanding ability if all the reviews and "ellisdj" are correct.

 

Thanks for all the input from everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Richer Sounds do post the 751bd, I had one delivered.  I also had the Marantz 7007 delivered, I didn't think much to it!

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 213
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

gel wrote:

camac wrote:

John Duncan wrote:
See if you can still find a 751BD. I think there are still a few going round in Richers for £400 (they were £800 originally I think). As good as it gets at everything, and has the twin HDMIs you need.

 

The only 751bd`s left are miles away geographically.

So that`s off my list.

 

Looks like it`s going to be the UD7007.

 

  I love the build quality of my Denon and the Marantz has a very similar  build quality as well as outstanding ability if all the reviews and "ellisdj" are correct.

 

Thanks for all the input from everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Richer Sounds do post the 751bd, I had one delivered.  I also had the Marantz 7007 delivered, I didn't think much to it!

Gel, On Richer Sounds website it says "At these low prices we can`t tranfer stock or mail out". Thats one reason it`s off my list.

camac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 20/03/2009 - 15:53
Posts: 213
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

gel wrote:

camac wrote:

gel wrote:

camac wrote:

Thanks Gel.

 

I was looking at  Denon DBT3313 or  Marantz UD 7007 would they be overkill ?

 

Not an overkill just a waste of money, no need to spend more than the Oppo, you are not going to gain anything.  

Reasons I should go with the Oppo ?

 

1.  You are not going to get better.

2.  This is what the image looks like:

www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/pictures-and-videos-of-a-panasonic-50vt65

 

3.  It ticks all the boxes for what you want.

4.  Operation is very good.

5.  Reliable and very good quality.

6.  Cheaper than most high end Blu-ray players.

7.  Buy from Frank Harvey and ask for a forum discount.   Wink

Your making me think about the Oppo a bit more now Gel !!!!!!

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13734
RE: New Blu Ray Player Required.

camac wrote:

gel wrote:

camac wrote:

John Duncan wrote:
See if you can still find a 751BD. I think there are still a few going round in Richers for £400 (they were £800 originally I think). As good as it gets at everything, and has the twin HDMIs you need.

 

The only 751bd`s left are miles away geographically.

So that`s off my list.

 

Looks like it`s going to be the UD7007.

 

  I love the build quality of my Denon and the Marantz has a very similar  build quality as well as outstanding ability if all the reviews and "ellisdj" are correct.

 

Thanks for all the input from everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Richer Sounds do post the 751bd, I had one delivered.  I also had the Marantz 7007 delivered, I didn't think much to it!

Gel, On Richer Sounds website it says "At these low prices we can`t tranfer stock or mail out". Thats one reason it`s off my list.

 

Hi

 

They do it, you just have to ring one of the branches and ask for it to be delivered.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments