I've had a couple of people ask me, quite genuinely, where they can buy CDs? Post-HMV etc. If you still buy CDs, where do you buy them? Hard to look past Amazon, Play, supermarkets etc.
Amazon from the comfort of my chair.:)
Amazon or eBay usually.
Mostly on Amazon Market place usually used but some new if price is right.
I never bought any in HMV, I did go in there a few weeks ago and seemed to have mostly dvds, the music section was quite small.
Always through Amazon market place... as I feared Amazon own prices are creeping up.
Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.
Macspur wrote:Always through Amazon market place... as I feared Amazon own prices are creeping up.Mac
As are the used prices.
Secondhand off Amazon.
Hi-Fi Behringer UCA202 > AVI DM5
Head-Fi Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di > Sennheisser HD700
Portable Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x
Tesco & Asda usually offer the best deals for Music CDs.
bigboss wrote:Tesco & Asda usually offer the best deals for Music CDs.
I doubt that.
However a big thank you to HMV, i kept hearing this song on the radio i had no idea of the name of the song or artist but HMV informed me it was
"it's over now" by big Ang.
bigboss wrote:Tesco & Asda usually offer the best deals for Music CDs. I doubt that.
Well, that's my experience. Tesco often gives away 250 Clubcard points on pre-orders, which is worth £2.50. Whenever I buy a Music CD or a blu ray, I always check all popular online places including Amazon, Play, Zavvi / The Hut, Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda, Wow HD & Hive. In the past 12 months, more than 90% of my CD purchases have been from Tesco or Asda, and the remaining 10% from Sainsburys. None from Amazon.
For example, look for the best deals for Now 84 currently available. Amazon: £11.99, Asda £11, Tesco £11.99 with bonus 200 Clubcard points. Can you find it cheaper?
£9.99 in Sainsburys (again a supermarket):
This is equivalent to Tesco price, when you consider that 200 points is worth £2.
eBay and Amazon mostly second hand , and sometimes at a live gig at the end so I can get the Cd signed by the performer
Electrocompaniet EMC 1 UP , Monarchy Audio DIP, Electrocompaniet ECD 1 dac , EC4.8 preamp , 2x AW180 monoblock power amps , PMC PB1i speakers . Thousands of Cd's .
I looked on Asda site and they have a very limited range, most were around £9.97, checked on Amazon and they were £9 or less, these were new albums (2013), for older ones Amazon was far cheaper. I often pick up new ones for £5 or used, nearly mint for less than £2 inc. postage, plus they have about x100 the range. New cds in the USA are often cheaper, can just order those, postage is £1.26 the same as UK ones.
I will check out Tesco.
The advantage of Amazon is that they have a massive range, & you will more than likely find the CD you want. Supermarkets hold a limited range, mostly new ones. It pays to shop around, and knowing the fact that better deals than Amazon can be had.
HMV mostly (we still have one and it's good).
BBC online shop for all my BBC drama/docu/comedy CDs & DVDs and sets.
Direct from the company for classical (wherever they have an online shop).
Ebay for hard to find/out of production.
Amazon UK/DE/FR. Very seldom used since I first heard of them paying no UK company taxes. (And only if there is no other way to obtain it ).
"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."