13251 posts / 0 new
Last post
Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2143
RE: What are you listening to?

Tina Dico, Welcome back colour... a double album, the first being up/mid tempo and the other purely acoustic... barely a bad track on either.

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

daveh75's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 31/07/2008 - 18:54
Posts: 8401
RE: What are you listening to?

Noah And The Whale - Heart Of Nowhere

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 4140
RE: What are you listening to?

The Offspring - Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzY2Qcu5i2A

Hi-Fi - Yamaha RX-V667 > AVI DM5 > AVI subwoofer

Head-Fi - Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di > Sennheisser HD700

Portable - Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 4140
RE: What are you listening to?

Melanie C - Suddenly Monday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBqQ_BLvlQM

Yes I know it's a song by one of the Spice Girls but I like it anyway. :oops:

Hi-Fi - Yamaha RX-V667 > AVI DM5 > AVI subwoofer

Head-Fi - Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di > Sennheisser HD700

Portable - Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1643
RE: What are you listening to?

Caro Emerald Deleted scenes from the cutting room floor  Dance 4 .When I got in tonight it was laying ontop of hifi unit so I thought give it a go and its very pleasent not something I would buy but as I didn't I quite like it  :grin:

Musical Fidelity M6500i Musical FidelityM6 CDP ATC SCM 40s Cord Chameleon plus XLRs Tellurium Q Black speaker cables

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 4140
RE: What are you listening to?

toyota man wrote:

Caro Emerald Deleted scenes from the cutting room floor  Dance 4 .When I got in tonight it was laying ontop of hifi unit so I thought give it a go and its very pleasent not something I would buy but as I didn't I quite like it  :grin:

That's a fantastic album. I love the 1920's swing style with just a hint of modernism. Dirol

 

She's just released a new album this week called 'The Shocking Miss Emerald'. I had a quick listen to it on YouTube last night but didn't think it was as good as 'Deleted Scenes'. I haven't had a proper listen to it yet so I'll reserve judgement until I've had the chance to listen to the whole album properly from beginning to end.

Hi-Fi - Yamaha RX-V667 > AVI DM5 > AVI subwoofer

Head-Fi - Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di > Sennheisser HD700

Portable - Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1643
RE: What are you listening to?

steve_1979 wrote:

toyota man wrote:

Caro Emerald Deleted scenes from the cutting room floor  Dance 4 .When I got in tonight it was laying ontop of hifi unit so I thought give it a go and its very pleasent not something I would buy but as I didn't I quite like it  :grin:

That's a fantastic album. I love the 1920's swing style with just a hint of modernism. Dirol

 

She's just released a new album this week called 'The Shocking Miss Emerald'. I had a quick listen to it on YouTube last night but didn't think it was as good as 'Deleted Scenes'. I haven't had a proper listen to it yet so I'll reserve judgement until I've had the chance to listen to the whole album properly from beginning to end.

I agree with you its a great sound and I will I am sure be listening to the new 1 as she who must be obeyed  will buy it Smile  

Musical Fidelity M6500i Musical FidelityM6 CDP ATC SCM 40s Cord Chameleon plus XLRs Tellurium Q Black speaker cables

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 4140
RE: What are you listening to?

Puccini - Nessun Dorma (Pavarotti)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdTBml4oOZ8

Hi-Fi - Yamaha RX-V667 > AVI DM5 > AVI subwoofer

Head-Fi - Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di > Sennheisser HD700

Portable - Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1643
RE: What are you listening to?

Permanent Vacation Areosmith Hang man dury Free Alright now. Jelly roll Joe Bonamassa streeming through my Denon AV amp as her indoors is watching Sir Allen  Smile I forgot the Knife Genesis Trespass :rockout:

Musical Fidelity M6500i Musical FidelityM6 CDP ATC SCM 40s Cord Chameleon plus XLRs Tellurium Q Black speaker cables

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1643
RE: What are you listening to?

By the way The Red Hot Chilli Peppers :rockout: what a great album :rockout: Dance 4 :rockout:

Musical Fidelity M6500i Musical FidelityM6 CDP ATC SCM 40s Cord Chameleon plus XLRs Tellurium Q Black speaker cables

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 4140
RE: What are you listening to?

toyota man wrote:

By the way The Red Hot Chilli Peppers :rockout: what a great album :rockout: Dance 4 :rockout:

Couldn't agree more.  :rockout:

 

I like the random trumpet half way through the album.

Hi-Fi - Yamaha RX-V667 > AVI DM5 > AVI subwoofer

Head-Fi - Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di > Sennheisser HD700

Portable - Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11537
RE: What are you listening to?

Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet

 

 

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11537
RE: What are you listening to?

Porcupine Tree - The Incident

 

 

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

iceman16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 08/02/2011 - 12:55
Posts: 883
RE: What are you listening to?

Jacques Loussier - Adagio

Main system: Musical Fidelity AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT AVt MA / Matrix 12 xlr cables

Bedroom: Laptop(Qobuz) / Chord gem / Rega Brio-r / KEF LS50 / TQ black

 

 

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2143
RE: What are you listening to?

Just received Over Land and Sea by Canadian outfit Lauren Mann and The Fairly Odd Folk... superb folk pop melodies... excellent production too.

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments