BREAKING NEWS: Live from the B&O BeoSound 8 launch in London
We're at the Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 8 launch in London this morning, so will bring you the news as it happens. We'll publish a full blog with pictures and all the details later today, but for now here are the highlights:
• BeoSound 8 is a dock system that takes the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPods. It has circular, 'floating' speakers and a metal look. Goes on sale in a couple of weeks for £895. Gulp.
• It uses two-way active speakers, with a conical rear, but can still be wall mounted. Customisable, coloured speaker covers are extra.
• The system has a 'room adaptation switch' so you can tune it to your room's acoustics. Also fitted with USB and line inputs, and has a direct digital dock connection, so bypasses the DAC in Apple's portable devices.
• B&O will soon launch an iPhone app that will give access to internet radio via the BeoSound 8. Also planning a B&O clock.
• The company celebrates its 85th anniversary next week. We'll have pictures of some classic B&O kit to follow, plus an interview with B&O's CEO.
UPDATE: More details - and that interview - in our new blog here.